CHAPTER 42

After spending some quality time with each other, Anika went to kitchen to complete her first rasoi ritual.

Everyone was sitting in the living room and chatting happily but there was one person who was very tensed and restless. He was none other than our Hero Shivaay.

He was continuously trying to go to the kitchen to look at Anika but Jhanvi has prohibited him to go to the kitchen. Shivaay was trying to peep in the kitchen when Jhanvi saw him.

J- Sit straight, Shivaay. Why are you crawling on the sofa like a snake? 😂

Everybody chuckled at him.

S(whines) - Mom, why are you not letting me go inside the kitchen?

J- Because husbands are not allowed to enter the kitchen during first rasoi ritual.

S- What kind of stupid ritual is this?

J- This is a ritual and you have to follow it. Anyways why do you want to go to kitchen so badly?

S- Ummm.... Wo.... I.... I want water... Yes... Water.

Jhanvi smirks and hands him a glass of water. Shivaay groans in frustration.

S- Ummm... Wo... I will just go and check if Anika is doing the things right or not?

Shivaay gets up from the sofa bit Jhanvi pulls him back.

J- Shivaay.

S- Ok, fine. I want to help Anika. She was already very tired from all this journey and wedding. She had headache in the morning also. She didn't tell me about it but I know as she was again and again caressing her forehead.

Everyone looks at him stunned because he was not the same Shivaay. This Shivaay was responsible and caring as well.

S- Please mom. Let me go. Anyways, this is our wedding and why always daughter-in-laws have to follow all the rituals? Why can't sons participate in the rituals as well? We have to share our life together, then why can't we share rituals?

Jhanvi and Tej were proud of their son.

J-Go.

S- Huh?

T- What? Go son. Fast if you don't want your mom to change her decision.

Shivaay chuckles and Jhanvi glares at Tej.

J- I just hope that I got a husband like my son. I am so proud of him.

T- Oh really! I also just hope that I got a wife like my lovely daughter. She is so cute.

J- Really!

Both look at each other and burst into laughter.

Here Shivaay enters the kitchen and saw Anika was running here and there in the kitchen. One time, she is stirring the curry, another time, she is cutting the vegetables. Multitasking at the same time. Shivaay looks at her in disbelief.

He went towards her and snaked his hands around her waist from behind.

A- Shivaay! What are you doing here? If mom will see you here then she'll get angry.

S- I've already asked her permission.

A- Oh! So what are you doing here?

Shivaay left her waist and immediately picked her up in his arms and Anika squealed surprisingly.

A- Shivaay! Leave me. I have to cook.

Shivaay made her sit on the kitchen platform.

S- No. You will sit here and I will cook.