CHAPTER 34

Tejvi and Shivika were shocked to see Sunaina at the door.

Sunaina walked towards them and stood in front of them.

A- Mum.... Mumma... I... ca... can... exp....explain.

Sunaina shows her palm to Anika to stop her from speaking. Tears started to fall from Anika's eyes. Shivaay and Tejvi were also tensed.

Su- So you knew Shivaay all the while. When he reached here for the first time, you knew him but still you acted like you don't know him. You know his family also then why you lied to everyone, Anika. I have not expected this from you.

S- Aunty, please atleast listen...

Su- I am talking to my daughter. (to Anika) Let alone the lies, here you are making plans to cancel your wedding. If you had problem with this wedding then you should have told earlier but it was you who got ready for getting married to veer.

A- Mumma, I know that I got agreed to get married but I thought that my decision can improve papa's health. I even prepared myself to get married but on our engagement day, when veer said that he doesn't like when women talk to him while looking into his eyes and when he refused to touch your feet , I realised that if I'll marry him then my life will be worse than hell. I'll have to spend my whole life like his slave. I don't want this mumma, please.

Anika started crying miserably and sat down on her knees with a thud. Shivaay was not able to see her state and was about to go towards her when Tej stopped him by holding his hand. Shivaay looks at Tej confusingly but he signs him that let Anika's mother handle her and sort out everything. Shivay nods his head in understanding.

Sunaina also had teary eyes after hearing her daughter's pain. She sat down near Anika and hugged her. Anika also hugged her back.

Su- I am so sorry beta. I failed you as a mother. I never tried to understand that what is going in your life. what are you suffering from? I have understood that veer is not a perfect match for you. I won't let him marry you and make your life hell. I am so sorry, Anika. Please forgive your mother.

Anika immediately broke the hug and shook her head.

A- No mumma, its not your fault.

Sunaina kissed her forehead and they smiles at each other.

They stood up on their places and looks at TejVi and Shivaay who was admiring their bond.

Sunaina went towards them holding Anika's hand.

Su- I am so sorry Bhaisa and Bhabhisa that I misunderstood you all. I don't know that how does Anika knows you but I have realised one thing that you both have given her parents' love. I am grateful to you both.

T- Please don't thank us. Anika is like our daughter and we are very happy to get such a lovely daughter.

Tej says while patting Anika's cheek. Anika smiles at them.

A- Mumma, I don't want to hide anything from you. Actually when I went to college, the hostel warden told me that there were no rooms available so my freind mallika helped me to find a flat. But when I reached there, I got to know that I had to share that flat with Shivaay. Firstly, I refused but then we realised that we have signed a contract that we have to stay for 6 months otherwise our rent will not be refunded. In these 6 months, Shivaay became my best friend and during this time, I met his family and they accepted and loved me as their daughter. Then I got Bhai's message that papa's health is not good so I immediately came here without informing Shivaay. I didn't knew that he will come here.

Sunaina was initially shocked that Anika used to live with Shivaay but she trusted her daughter.

S- I am sorry aunty if we had hurt your emotions.