CHAPTER 46

It was 3 am when Anika's phone started ringing. She stirred in her sleep. Slowly she opened her eyes and saw Shivaay sleeping peacefully. A small smile adorned her lips after seeing him. Her thoughts were broken by the phone's ringing. She immediately picked up her phone and saw Jhanvi's call.

She got worried and quickly answered the call.

A- What happened, mom? Is everything fine? Are you ok? Is dad fine? Mom, say na. I am getting worried.

J- Calm down baccha. Let me speak first, then I'll tell you.

Anika bites her tongue.

A- Ok mom.

J- Beta, today is karwa chauth. I am so sorry, I forgot to tell you yesterday.

A- It's ok mom.

J- Beta, it totally depends on you that you want to do this fast or not. If you don't want to fast, then it's fine by me, ok. I am not forcing you baccha. I have sent your sargi through our driver and he will be reaching there soon. You can have your sargi as it's your first ritual and it totally depends on you that if you want to do this fast or not.

A- I'll do this fast, mom.

J- Are you sure, baccha?

A- Yes mom. 100% sure.

Anika said happily. Jhanvi also smiles.

J- I am sorry to disturb your sleep in the middle of night.

A- It's ok mom. Why are you saying sorry?

J- Ok Beta, you have to eat sargi before sunrise and then you won't be able to have anything, neither food nor water till the moon appears at night.

A- Ok mom.

J- God Bless you baccha.

Anika smiles widely.

A- Bye mom.

J- Bye beta.

The call gets disconnected. There was a wide smile on Anika's face.

A- My first karwa chauth. Yaaay..

She looked towards Shivaay and kissed his forehead.

Suddenly she heard the door bell ring. She immediately got down from the bed and went to unlock the door. She saw the driver holding a big thaal (plate) with a red cloth covering it. She took the plate from him and he left.

Anika kept the thaal on the dining table and went to freshen up.

She dressed up in a red dress.

Anika went towards the kitchen and served sargi on a plate

Here Shivaay stirred in his sleep, missing Anika's warmth. He roamed his hand on the bed but doesn't find Anika. He frowns and looks at the clock. It was only 4:00 in the morning.