CHAPTER 41

It was early morning, when Shivaay's sleep broke because of sunrays. He stirred in his sleep and slowly opened his eyes to look at the most beautiful view in front of him.
His lovely wife sleeping while resting her head on his chest.

Shivaay slowly put her hair strand behind her ear and caressed her cheek gently. He bent towards her and kissed her forehead.

Anika slowly opened her eyes on feeling his touch

Anika slowly opened her eyes on feeling his touch. She looks at him with a wide smile. Shivaay also smiled at her.

S- Good morning, wifey.

He says while kissing her forehead.

A- Good morning, hubby.

Anika slowly bent towards his face and pecked his cheek. Shivaay smiled widely.

S- In the morning itself, you are giving me gifts.

Anika lowers her eyes and blushes.

A- I'll go and get freshen up. Mumma and papa must be coming for the post wedding rituals.

Shivaay nods his head.

S- Ok. You get ready till then I'll prepare breakfast for everyone.

Shivaay was about to leave to make breakfast when Anika stopped him.

A- Shivaay stop.

S- What happened?

A- Don't prepare breakfast. Actually there is a ritual called pehli rasoi, in which the bride has to prepare food for the family members. So Today I'll prepare the breakfast.

S- This is not fair Anika. You are already tired with all these travelling and marriage, then also you'll have to cook. What is this? Are there no rituals for men?

Anika chuckles and cups his face.

A- It's ok, Jaan. Anyways I am happy that I am getting a chance to perform all these amazing rituals.

S- But..

He stops abruptly when he realises that she called him 'Jaan'.

A- What happened?

S- What did you just called me?

Anika was about to say something when she remembered her endearment. She mentally face palms herself.

A- Wo.. Wo.... I have to take bath now.

Saying this, Anika immediately ran into the bathroom. Shivaay chuckles at her.

S- Jhalli.

After sometime, she came out of the washroom, dressed in a beautiful saree.