Chapter 13

The back of Zhen Zhen's head hurt.

Zhen Zhen opened her eyes. Something was injected into her scalp and there was someone in front of a window. It was a man in a black suit who tied his long hair behind his back. He turned around, his face was handsome but he had an aura of a messenger of death lurking in the shadows.

'What did you do to me?' Zhen Zhen asked.

'It's a new poison that hasn't been tested,' the man said.

The man helped Zhen Zhen sit upright on the chair like they were close friends for many years, and he spoke like he gave her something nutritious to eat.

'Father William?' Zhen Zhen asked.

'You have good hearing,' the man said. 'But I'm not Father William. I'm Shu Tang Jue.'

Zhen Zhen thought Shu Tang Jue was a familiar name. 'Are you Shu Tang Jue, Tan Lang's boss?'

Although Zhen Zhen's energy was drained, she could slowly say one word at a time.

'It's a pleasure to have a beauty know who I am,' Shu Tang Jue said.

'Where's Father William?' Zhen Zhen asked.

'I think Father William is in a happy place,' Shu Tang Jue said. 'Somewhere close to God and angels.'

Shu Tang Jue poured a glass of water for Zhen Zhen.

'Do you want to drink water?' Shu Tang Jue asked.

Zhen Zhen wasn't deceived by Shu Tang Jue's hypnotic voice. She knew he was someone who didn't value a person's life.

'What poison did you give me?' Zhen Zhen asked.

'Miss Zhen Zhen, you have a poor memory,' Shu Tang Jue said. 'I gave you a new untested poison.'

'Will I die?' Zhen Zhen asked.

'I don't know if you'll die,' Shu Tang Jue said.

'Why?' Zhen Zhen asked. 'Why must you kill innocent people?'

'Innocent?' Shu Tang Jue asked. 'In the last year I wasted ten million dollars to invest in biological weapons. But at the final step, you lost my investment. It's your fault for being Yue Gu Zai's woman too.'

'I didn't see any of your weapons,' Zhen Zhen said.

Zhen Zhen remembered she went sightseeing that day so there wasn't a possibility of her crossing paths with Shu Tang Jue's weapons... unless it happened at the book shop.

'Miss Zhen Zhen, do you remember now?' Shu Tang Jue asked.

Zhen Zhen realised she must have picked up the wrong book bag.

'Even if I accidently took it,' Zhen Zhen said. 'Why did you kill Father William? He hasn't wronged you.'

Zhen Zhen felt guilty. If she didn't enter the cathedral then Father William would be alive.

'You don't need to pity Father William,' Shu Tang Jue said. 'He dared to sell opium in my district. You made it convenient for me to kill him.'

Shu Tang Jue looked at his watch. 'It's time. It's been fun chatting with you.'

After Shu Tang Jue kissed Zhen Zhen's forehead she became unconscious.

'I hope we'll meet again,' Shu Tang Jue said and disappeared.

Yue Gu Zai kicked the door down. Bai Yu Tian and Huyen Di were behind Yue Gu Zai. They only saw Zhen Zhen's unconscious body and the window was opened.