Chapter 68

Next in line.

In the last week, Yue Ni picked up Zhen Wu from college in a different sports car each day. Zhen Wu's classmates speculated Yue Ni was Zhen Wu's sugar mummy.

Zhen Wu sat in Yue Ni's car and sighed.

'Yue Ni, must you show off your flashy cars?' Zhen Wu asked.

'Big brother if I don't show off my cars then I wouldn't be your little sister,' Yue Ni said.

'You'll still be my little sister if you choose one car to drive,' Zhen Wu said.

'Big brother, the cars were given to me as gifts,' Yue Ni said. 'It'll be a waste if I don't drive my cars.'

Yue Ni drove Zhen Wu to Yue's company. Then she followed him to his office through the back door.

'Big brother, when are you going to announce you're the CEO of Yue's company and use the front entrance?' Yue Ni asked.

'For now only uncle Wo and my secretary knows I'm the CEO,' Zhen Wu said.

In the marketing department of Yue's company, some female employees were gossiping.

'Did you hear Li Cheng the CEO of Tu's company divorced his first wife?' the first woman asked.

'I heard Li Cheng's first love came back from the U.S. and he's marrying his first love,' the second woman said.

'Li Cheng was married for five years but no one has met his first wife,' the first woman said.

'Li Cheng's first wife must be ugly,' the second woman said.

'If everyone is done gossiping, get back to work,' Mr Chu said. 'Su Xiao Ya, when you're done with the marketing plans and budgets, bring them to my office.'

'Yes Mr Chu,' Su Xiao Ya said.

Su Xiao Ya sat at her desk and remembered the day Li Cheng brought a woman home and he asked her to sign the divorce papers. Li Cheng's father forced him to marry her. For five years, Li Cheng resented her. She cried when she signed the divorce papers. Li Cheng looked happy with his new woman.

Li Cheng generously gave Shu Xiao Ya the house they lived in and three hundred thousand dollars after she signed the divorce papers. She sold the house because she didn't want to live somewhere she was unloved for five years. Qua Qua was right, she shouldn't have loved someone who didn't love her.

Su Xiao Ya kept herself busy with work. After work, she rushed to her second job in another building. When she ran to the elevators she bumped into a man.

'I'm sorry,' Su Xiao Ya said.

Su Xiao Ya was shocked the man she bumped into was Li Cheng.

'Li Cheng, do you know this woman?' Hang Jia Mei asked.

'No,' Li Cheng said.

Li Cheng escorted Hang Jia Mei outside. Then he ran back into the building and he dragged Su Xiao Ya to a corner.

'Why are you here?' Li Cheng asked. 'Are you following me?'

'No,' Su Xiao Ya said.

'I don't believe you,' Li Cheng said. 'What do you want? More money? Is three hundred thousand dollars not enough for you?'

'I don't want your money,' Su Xiao Ya said.

Li Cheng took out a cheque, signed it and gave it to Su Xiao Ya.

'Here's a cheque for one hundred thousand dollars if you promise to stay away from me,' Li Cheng said.

Su Xiao Ya looked at the man she lived together for five years. She knew all his habits. He preferred seafood over meat, he liked to read before bed and open windows instead of turning on the air-conditioner during summers. They lived together for five years yet he knew nothing about her.