Chapter 20

Zhen Zhen turned on her laptop.

A while later Zhen Zhen was smiling in front of her laptop screen, she unlocked Yue Gu Zai's security system.

Unbeknownst to Zhen Zhen, Yue Gu Zai was watching her movements on the camera screen in the study room. If he didn't order the guards not to patrol the front gate in the morning then Zhen Zhen wouldn't have been able to leave easily. As long as Zhen Zhen was happy, he would let her work.

After Yue Gu Zai couldn't see Zhen Zhen on the camera screen, he turned it off and sign off on reviewed reports.

'You'll be in charge of wedding planning,' Yue Gu Zai said to Bai Yu Tian.

'Boss, it's a complicated matter,' Bai Yu Tian said. 'If you want to satisfy Miss Zhen Zhen, I think you should ask what wedding style she likes. Does she want a western or an eastern style wedding? Who she wants to invite to the wedding, who boss wants to invite and...'

'And?' Yue Gu Zai asked.

'Boss, you need to meet Miss Zhen Zhen's parents,' Bai Yu Tian said.

'Is it important for me to meet my wife's parents?' Yue Gu Zai asked.

'Boss, it's very important to meet your wife's parents,' Bai Yu Tian said. 'If you want to give your wife a proper wedding ceremony and reception, you need to ask for your wife's parents' blessing to give away their daughter to you.'

Yue Gu Zai thought about meeting Zhen Zhen's parents and nodded. 'OK, you can leave.'

'Yes, boss,' Bai Yu Tian said.

Outside the oblivious Zhen Zhen relaxed the moment she escaped undetected, like a free uncaged bird. She happily hailed a taxi to work.

At work Zhen Zhen put on her lab coat and her colleagues she hadn't seen for a long time all greeted her.

'Zhen Zhen, how is your health?' a chorus of colleagues asked.

Zhen Zhen politely nodded.

'Zhen Zhen, how was your stomach surgery?' another chorus of colleagues asked.

Zhen Zhen coughed awkwardly. 'I'm healthier.'

'Zhen Zhen, why did you let your stomach ulcer deteriorate to such a bad condition...' more questions were shot at Zhen Zhen.

Zhen Zhen could only politely smile and nod.

Zhen Zhen walked faster to her assigned lab.

Inside Zhen Zhen's lab, supervisor Jiang was waiting for her since early morning. He was happy to see her, she was like a daughter to him as well as the research company's biggest asset. So her health was important, without her at work, her research experiments were halted.

'Supervisor Jiang, I've fully recovered my health,' Zhen Zhen said. 'Let's discuss the final stage of my research.'

'OK,' Jiang said.

Later that day, Zhen Zhen was busy finishing her experiments that she forgot to eat. At lunch time her stomach ached, but she was keener to continue experimenting than eating.

After lunch time, Jiang entered Zhen Zhen's lab. 'Zhen Zhen, what's your impression of Reynold?'

'Who's Reynold?' Zhen Zhen asked.

'He's the man you had an arranged lunch date with a while ago,' Jiang said.

Zhen Zhen was busy checking lab equipment and she didn't pay attention to supervisor Jiang's questions. 'Not bad.'

'Really?' Jiang asked. 'That little boy isn't bad. Although in the past he's a player. But after he met you, he's been smitten with you. He's handsome and rich. Since you were on sick leave, he's been calling here to ask about your health. I'll let him know you have a good impression of him.'