Chapter 2: Window Chat

AN: Thank you so much to Agent_1_Callie for voting! Really, thank you so much! I love your stories! Ok, let's get to the story.

*Short time skip*

      After Silica finished unpacking her items onto her new bed, she peeked out of her window. Looking around, she saw the neighboring house's window was open, and there was a navy-blue inkling sleeping on the windowsill.

      "Hey you!" She called, shortly after opening the squeaky window.

      He yelped, his head hitting the top of the window.

      "Ow! What was that for?" He glared at Silica, but seeing her doubled over, laughing, he grinned. "You're my new neighbor, aren't you?"

      "Yup!" Silica grinned, wiping her tears of laughter, and giving him a thumbs up.

      "I'm Cobalt. Nice to meet you,...?"

      "Silica, and nice to meet you too, Cobalt!"

      They talked until dusk, Cobalt talking about Inkopolis, while Silica was talking about her hometown, Oceania.

      "Silica! It's time for dinner!~" Silver called up the stairs.

      "Got it! Wait a sec!" Silica called back down.

      "Well, it was nice meeting you, Cobalt." Silica winked at him, and in the blink of an eye, the window was closed, and Silica was nowhere to be seen.