Chapter 3: Inkopolis Center

Silica woke up to the calling of sparrows and wind in the trees. She opened one eye and winced, seeing the sun glaring at her. She opened both eyes and blinked groggily. She sat up slowly, observing the unfamiliar room. Then, she remembered what happened the day before. Suddenly, she felt full of energy. She grinned cheekily and jumped off her bed, running to the window. She saw Cobalt yawning and sitting on the side of the bed. He seemed too sleepy to notice Silica looking at him, holding a megaphone.

"GOOD MORNING, COBALT!!!" She yelled into the megaphone. He yelped and fell back onto his bed, a shocked expression on his face.

"Again...?" He seemed wide awake now. "Silica... why?"

"Why not? I was just waking you up!" Silica closed the window with a 'whoosh' of air, giggled, then ran downstairs to eat breakfast.

Right when Silica reached the kitchen, she was scolded by a grumpy Silver.

"What the woomy, Silica? We're going to have a bad impression on the whole neighborhood because of your silly games!"

"Of course not, I already got a friend." Silica lifted her chin proudly.

"Oh yeah? Who is it?"Silver raised an eyebrow and grinned mockingly.

"Some guy called Cobalt. Can I eat breakfast now?"

"Okay..."

Silica gobbled up her waffle and drank her hot ink tea in mere seconds. She checked the time, it was 10 am. She ran upstairs to clean up. She looked at her reflection. Hmm, my tentacles are too long...I should go cut them. She quickly washed her face with ink, then changed to go get her tentacles cut.

"Hey Silver, can I go cut my tentacles?" She called to Silver, who was in the kitchen.

"Sure! Just come back before dusk! And don't get lost!"

Silica grinned, put her jacket and purse on, and ran out the door. Silica turned to the right to see Cobalt closing the door to the house. Silica waved, smiling at Cobalt.

"Heyo! Where are you going?" Silica called to him.

"Inkopolis Center, to...um... watch the news." Cobalt answered, with a happy tone in his voice.

"I'm going to the same place! ...But for different reasons." Silica said excitedly. "Why don't we just go together? It'd be way more fun and..." She trailed off, took a deep breath and finished "I...might get lost." Silica smiled sheepishly.

"Okay then, let's go." Cobalt grabbed Silica by her jacket, and super jumped to Inkopolis Center. Cobalt was glad that Silica was too busy looking around to see pink dusted on his cheeks. "The salon is over there, bye!" Cobalt ran away before Silica had a chance to say anything. Strange... Silica was confused but decided to shrug it off. She skipped over to the salon to get her tentacles cut.