a b s e n c e

Cobalt POV

Cobalt sat down on the floor, and turned around to tell Silica to sit down with him, but sighed as he remembered yesterday's crisis. He sighed, remembering how Marie didn't let anyone scan the evidence until today. Cobalt wanted to cry, but that would be extremely out of place.

"Cobalt? I've been calling on you! Hello?"

"Ack!" Cobalt jumped as he noticed the teacher was right next to him.

"What are the 4 modes of Ranked and League battles, Cobalt?" He asked impatiently.

"Umm, I dunno? Clam Blitz, Tower Control...."

Time passed slowly, but when Cobalt walked out of the classroom to go to lunch, someone approached him and tapped him on the shoulder.

"Hey, I heard you were friends with Silica! Do you know where she is right now?" The longer he looked at the purple-tentacled girl, the more red he turned. She was so pretty!

He shuffled his feet and finally realized what she was asking.

He couldn't stop the endless flow of tears. The girl looked shocked, and tried to comfort him.

"Hey...did something bad happen to her? By the way, I'm Violet, leader of Team Violet." Cobalt looked up. Come with me..." He decided to show her the Squidbeak Splatoon.

Cobalt covered her eyes as they jumped to Octarian Crevice. After they reached Cuttlefish Cabin II, Cobalt took his hands off from her eyes, and watched her blink in the sunlight while scanning the area.

Cherry POV

"Ooh, a new recruit?" Cherry popped up behind Cobalt and the unknown girl, and left immediately to get the rest of the crew.

After introducing themselves, then supplying her with gear, she spoke.

"So what happened to Silica?" Violet, who was now Agent 12, stared at Marie.

Marie opened her umbrella dramatically and then spun it quickly. She put it back down, and Callie handed her the evidence.

"We don't know yet, but she was kidnapped and taken somewhere," she unrolled the diagram and handed it to Violet to look at, then snatched it back after a little bit. "We still haven't analyzed all the evidence, so we can do it now," Marie put down her umbrella, and smirked. Cherry sat on the edge of her seat, waiting for Marie to check the still unchecked evidence.

Marie POV

Marie pulled out the radio Kari found, and promptly pressed the button.

"Fzzt...don't...c...ome...leave..." Marie raised an eyebrow.

"It sounds like Silica," Marie pressed the button again.

"Bzz...stop...." Suddenly, the walkie-talkie sparked and fell silent. Marie tried, to no avail, to get it going again.

"Hmm... let's check the next item," Marie unrolled the diagram again, and handed it to Kari. Kari read the whole thing aloud, while pointing to the parts that she was reading. Suddenly, she stopped, and squinted at the corner of the page.

"...designed for Test 1100, Name: Silica Crest, age: ???...!?" Kari's eyes widened, and she gave the diagram back to Marie.

Marie heard a gasp, and saw Violet's scared face.

"I know what to do." Marie pointed at Cobalt. "Tomorrow, you will go get her back. This is not good." She sighed. "Dismissed." Marie said, and walked away.

"But we didn't analyze my info!" Cherry shouted, but Marie ignored her.

Sorry for my short absence(pun not intended lol), but I'm back! I'm pretty sure I can't update every weekend, and there's a chance this story will be discontinued by July...

Sorry...