Chapter 8: Celebrity?

Silica was being presented to the crowd, with tumultuous cheering. Confusion filled her head.

How exactly does having this hairstyle make me famous?

"Hey guys! This is the famed Silica!" Nori was yelling fiercely.

Silica decided to play along, and waved tentatively.

"See, she's super pretty~"

Something about her tone was oddly familiar, but Silica couldn't put a finger onto it.

After a few minutes of talking about Silica, they revealed the stages and let Silica leave, bewildered.

Silica reached Inky Academy, late by at least 10 minutes. Running as quick as she could, she entered the school, and shortly after reached her classroom.

"You're late." The teacher looked at her, seemingly disappointed.

"Sorry! I was up at-"

She noticed the video player, which had just finished a live video of Inkopolis Center News. She looked at the class, embarrassed.

"You were great!" An unfamiliar voice came from her classmates.

"Yeah!"

"Wow, you are really pretty!"

"You were just like a celebrity!"

Silica turned around to hear Cobalt silently say "Nice..." He was avoiding her eye. Silica assumed it was because of how shy everyone said he was.

The teacher nodded, smiling.

The feeling rushed back into her body.

"Thanks so much! I bet you could all do it if I could!"

Cobalt looked down, blushing. Silica also assumed that he was flattered.

"Now Silica, why don't you sit down so we can start the lesson?"

Silica sat down on the only empty chair, feeling that school might not be so bad.

A/N: My story has gone down from 14th place on Octoling to...well very low. It's been slow because I've just had a lot of tests and my drawings took a while to do. Sorry!

Anyway,  tysm for 10 follows! 😊