>|+- C O N F U S I O N -+|<

Silica POV

Silica shot up on her bed, breathing heavily. She had just dreamed that Silver had died and she was left to do everything around the house. She slammed open the window and got a long stick that she used to get stuff off the ceiling, and nudged Cobalt's window open.

"COBALT...WAKE UPPP!"

He stared at her with a drowsy,angry, and annoyed look.

"Hi." He said bluntly, staring at her with tired eyes.

She grinned at him, and his serious glare broke into a wide smile.

"Hi, Cobalt! How are you on this lovely morning?" She asked innocently.

"Are...you mocking me?" He reached out to swat a gnat.

"...No! Come over after breakfast, Silver says she got a newspaper with some interesting stuff!" Silica smiled at Cobalt, and he looked away.

Geez, does he actually like me? I don't want to think of him like that...

She looked away, embarrassed.

"Anyway, bye! See you later!" She brushed off the unsettling feeling and went down for breakfast.

The waffles and blue ink tea she had went in a blur, and she had sat down with Silver in a minute's time.

"Okay, here. Let's read it together," Silver handed Silica one side of the newspaper, and they sat down to read.

 Let's read it together," Silver handed Silica one side of the newspaper, and they sat down to read

Inkopolis Center Ice Cream Parlor grand opening? Boring. A group of Octolings vandalizing a school? Meh.

"Hey, what's this?" Silver pointed to a picture of Marina and the headlines: "Salmonoid extinction, Marina Ida arrested"

"Wasn't getting Salmonoid eggs your old job?" Silica asked curiously, skimming the page.

"Yes...I knew this kind of thing would happen eventually, so I left. Let's see what this says." Silver closed her eyes for a second, contemplating this odd article.

They read through it aloud, eyes widening as the sentence  "Marina Ida, a famous idol in Inkopolis Plaza, was found to be the mastermind behind the 'Mr. Grizz' that ordered young crustaceans to get Golden Salmonoid Eggs, rewarding them with money." appeared in large, black print.

"Huh." Silver's eyebrows furrowed as her eyes drifted across the page, not noticing Silica jumping up.

"Bye, Silver! I'm going somewhere, I'll be back soon!" She ran as quick as she could to get Cobalt, hoping, pleading with her whole mind that Pearl and the others were alright.

How am I doing? Do you guys think this new way of writing is good? Please help me make a better story!

416 words