Chapter 13: Finale(End of Part One)

(There was a problem uploading the cover image so I attempted to put it here, don't worry! I'll put all the cover images on the next "chapter". Wattpad hates me today ╮( ̄▽ ̄"")╭)

The finals were creeping closer by the minute.They were in the training room again, but were too nervous to practice well. They decided to just calm down and talk.

"Hey Silica, have you ever noticed Cobalt watching you?"Cherry was looking mischievous.

"Eh? I dunno, he's probably just cheering me on!"Silica waved her hand, looking proud.

Cherry looked like she wanted to say something, but she looked down and sighed, smiling.

Kari was tugging on Ray's hoodie, asking if she could get a Shwaffle from Crusty Sean's food stand in the cafeteria.

Eventually, Ray gave in, and they left.

"Oh, perfect! I can tell you everything that's been going on about C-"

"Competitors, please go to the preparing rooms to get ready for the finals!" Sora said, her voice emerging from a speaker.

"Dang."Cherry shook her fist angrily at the speaker.

They reached the preparation room to meet Kari and Ray. Kari looked upset that she didn't have time to get a shwaffle, but Ray whispered something in her ear, and her face brightened.

"I guess Ray has a soft side for Kari!" Silica said happily.

They were battling Team Salmon, a full Octoling team, all wearing Sneaky Beanies except for someone, apparently the leader, who was wearing a cap that his (his?) face in shadow.

"We'll be battling on Manta Maria this time, y'all!" Nori yelled excitedly. Silica imagined her jumping up and down, just like Cherry. 

"This is the finals...! The last battle to proclaim the School Champion Team!" Sora said, in a slightly muffled voice.

Silica took a deep breath, then grinned at her teammates.

"We can do this! We're not going to lose against a bunch of shady Octolings!" She said encouragingly, giving a reassuring smile to Team Ivy.

Kari looked offended, but still excited.

"LET THE FINALS BEGIN!" Nori yelled in a voice that made everyone cover their ears, afraid to lose their hearing.

3...

2...

1...

"Go, Silica! And the rest of Team Ivy!" Team Violet were holding green flags and holding her picture up.

BEGIN!

Silica rushed out, inking rapidly so she could get to the middle, watching as Kari inked the ground happily and Ray rushing out from the other side.

Cherry was battling underneath the grates when Silica arrived. She splatted the male Octoling and watched for more people.

Suddenly, someone appeared behind Silica, and shot at her. She turned around and shot blindly, hitting his cap off.

"Wait...COBALT?! What are you doing on Team Salmo-"

He splatted her and ran away, putting his cap back on.

She respawned and super-jumped to Kari, who was inking a side passageway. She was utterly confuzzled, and wanted to see Cobalt again to ask about what happened, but thought against it. Silica regained her position eventually, splatting anyone in her way.

"Hey!" Cherry called to Silica. "You know what's going on with Cobalt? He-" 

Silica never heard what Cobalt was, for Cherry had been splatted by a blushing Cobalt.

Still more confuzzled, she splatted Cobalt quickly, not wanting to look at him, and continued inking the middle.

10...

9...

They all activated their specials, Ray splatting two Octolings with her Splashdown, and Kari inking the enemy base with her inkjet.

8...

Her Booyah Bomb was charged.

7..

6...

5...

Whoosh...Her booyah Bomb splatted Cobalt and a female Octoling.

4...

3...

2...

Ray threw a burst bomb over a wall.

1...

GAME!

It was an obvious win, thanks to their Special Launcher plan.

Judd held up a green flag, and Little Judd passed out small trophies with the words "School Champion Team, Year XXXX, Team Ivy" and for Silica "Congratulations, Silica Crest!"

Silica beamed, and the jellyfish photographers took their photo.

After a small interview from everyone on the team for the school newspaper, Silica went to find Cherry to ask what she was trying to say.

"Cherry? Can you finish what you were going to say about Cobalt?" She asked curiously, after finding her in the cafeteria.

"Huh? Oh, that. Well, you are completely oblivious to what's going on with him. Cobalt has a BIG crush on you, and I can't believe you haven't noticed." Cherry said in a matter-of-fact tone.

"Eh!?"

~+=-_End of Part One_-=+~

Woah! This chapter is so long! Well, for whoever is reading this, thanks! You've made it to the end of Part One. No, that's not the end of the story.

 I have one shipper who's going to start hyperventilating at the sight of this chapter. Well, happy now?

Anyway, the next part will have a different focus, and different perspectives, even some things that will be a little surprising! I have already made the cover for it, and the next chapter will just be a "prologue" or sneak peek of Part 2, plus concept art of characters, including shout outs to all my followers.

See you soon!

😄