Chapter 9: Turf War

After home room, Silica checked her schedule and walked towards Turf War class.

Turf War? What's that?

Inky Academy seemed to be very different from her hometown's school, Bubble Secondary School. Seeing the girl who said she saw me on TV first, Silica ran towards her.

"Hi! What's your name?" Silica grinned and looked at the short, pink tentacled inkling...

"Wait. AGENT 4?" Silica gaped at her.

"Shh! I'm Cherry! No one knows about the Squidbeak Splatoon, and nobody should know!" Cherry was looking annoyed, but after looking around for a minute, she sighed. "You should go see Agent 8 with me! Maybe we could team up in Turf War!" Cherry noticed her confused look and said with a mocking voice, taking advantage of the situation "Oh come on~ You don't know about Turf Wars? Too bad, so sad~"

Silica rolled her eyes and started walking off.

"Hey! Don't leave me!" They walked to the Turf War class, just in time.

Cherry led Silica next to a silent, pink tentacled Octoling, which she immediately recognized as Agent 8. The teacher was starting to talk, when the door opened and a yellow-green tentacled inkling walked in. Even though she was wearing a mask and beanie (Sneaky Beanie) and a hoodie, Silica recognized her as Agent 3. She sat down next to Agent 8, ignoring the teacher's stern stare. 

After the teacher explained the rules of Turf War, they were taken to a nearby school, Inkblot Academy to play it. The teacher let everyone make a team of 4, leaving 8 teams to play Turf War in tourney style, fighting for a prize on championship. Silica grouped up her fellow agents, and Cherry introduced Agent 3 and 8 so she would know their names.

"Agent 3's name is Ray, and Agent 8 is Kari." They both knew her name, so there was no use to introduce herself. 

After a minute of thinking, they called themselves "Team Ivy", chose the green color, and chose their weapons. Silica looked for a while then chose the Heavy Splatling Remix, and saw that Cherry chose Clear Dapple Dualies, Ray had chose Hero Shot Replica, and that Agent 8 chose the Kensa Splatterscope.

They walked out to the battlefield to face the first team, Team Navy.

A/N: I'm going to attempt to do daily updates except for weekends, so look out for each update~

Also, thanks for 150 views and 53rd place on #Marie! Out of 1.6k too!