Searchlight

Cobalt POV

Cobalt looked around. He had never been in this area of Octarian Crevice. Purple ink splattered the floor, and it seemed deserted. Cobalt trudged on cautiously, making sure that nothing was in any of the puddles. He reached a high building. There was ink on the door. Minty-blue ink. Silica's ink. Cobalt had a feeling of true fear, but he shook it off. He was determined to find Silica.

He pushed open the door. There seemed to have been a fight there. Minty blue and purple ink dripped off the ceiling and walls. He kept walking, and the minty-blue lessened on the walls slowly as he walked, until he got to a point where there was no minty blue ink. Cobalt looked up to see a Sprinkler spewing purple ink. There were Sprinklers everywhere! Cobalt assumed that they were there to hide Silica's ink, and that there were more than one person taking her.

He destroyed the Sprinklers and walked up the stairs that were covered in purple ink. He inked the area, then walked ahead. An Octarian popped out of the ink, and shot at him. Cobalt dodged and splatted it, then ran away to the next stairway.

Is this some kind of tower of "levels?" Is it going to get harder?

As he climbed the last step, an Octomissiler greeted him by shooting at him rapidly. Cobalt's armor was destroyed, but he managed to splat it. He breathed a sigh of relief, then hid in his ink to heal his armor. After his armor healed itself, he climbed the steps to the next floor. This time, an Octobomber threw a bomb at him. He dodged, and threw a bomb back at it, splatting it. He inked the stairs and swam up, to see an Octosniper. He dodged it's powerful shot, and hit it back with another Splat Bomb. He smiled to himself as he swam to the next floor.

This is easier than I thought it would be!

An Octocommander shot rapidly at him, and his armor broke. He sent a kittydog(autobomb) to do his bidding, and immediately destroyed the Octocommander. His armor healed, and he proceeded to the next floor. He noticed an Octoling, which was frolicking around, inking the area. Cobalt ambushed her, and easily removed her glasses. She tripped and fell.

"Ugh. What happened? Where am I? Who are you-" She rubbed her eyes groggily and stared at him

"Shhh!" He interrupted, motioning for her to get up and follow him. "You were hypnotized. What's your name?" He said the first part bravely, but then his voice tapered and he smiled shyly.

"I'm Aria!" She answered promptly, looking at him happily.

"Come on..." He took her hand and led her to the next floor.

They were ambushed by many Octarians, one of every type.

"Use your gun!" He shouted, dodging what seemed like a million ink bullets.

She cocked her Charger, and splatted the Octosniper that was residing in the back. Cobalt proceeded to splat the normal Octarian and the Octomissiler without harming his armor, and watched as Aria splatted the Octocommander and shoot the glasses off another Octoling, who toppled over and fainted, glasses a couple feet away from her.

"Ah, I didn't splat her..." Aria looked upset and disappointed that she had missed her chance to splat the Octoling.

"Don't be upset, it's good that you didn't splat her! Let's leave her here to let her come to her senses," He took her hand again, and led her to the next floor. As they climbed the steps, Cobalt told her about Silica's capture.

Bam! Bam! Bam!