Chapter 1- The Announcement

"Star! Marco!" Angie Diaz called from downstairs, "come downstairs! I have an amazing announcement to make!" she sounded excited, more excited than usual.

The pair ran downstairs, curious as to what she was talking about, they greeted each other and took a seat at the kitchen table.

"We're going on a holiday!" Marco's parents shouted.

"Holiday?!" Star and Marco said simultaneously and shared a look of shock.

"Well at least pretend to be excited about it..." Angie said sadly.

"No, it's not that, it's just a shock that's all... When are we going? Will I have time to pack everything I need?" Marco began to panic.

"Chill, Marco," Star giggled and patted his shoulder.

"We organised it a few weeks ago, and decided to tell you now so it would be a pleasant surprise, we leave in two days, on Friday, we're going to New York," Angie hugged Rafael's arm.

"Your mother and I have been saving up for a long time, and we've sorted everything with your principle and you can have the two days off school so you can prepare," Rafael handed Marco £100 pound, "here, tomorrow you and Star can go out and buy everything you need."

Marco looked at the money in his hand and rubbed his eyes to see if he was dreaming, "wow... Thanks guys!"

Star tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and smiled at the couple, "thank you!"

"Your are very welcome guys, go get some sleep now."

Star stood up and started to walk back to her bedroom, Marco hugged his parents and thanked them again.

"Star! Wait up, I have to speak to you!" Marco rushed over to Star.

..

(The Next Day)

Star knocked on Marco's bedroom door, "you decent?" he heard her quiet voice from the other side of the door.

"Yeah, you can come in."

Star entered the room, her hair was tied into a high ponytail and she was wearing her favourite jeans and a simple black crop top, "morning, Marco."

"Morning, do you wanna go out now?"

"Sure," she grinned and winked jokingly at him, "but where do you want to go?"

"I don't know, you can choose."

"Lets go and buy some new clothes!" Star's ocean blue eyes lit up, and Marco smiled affectionately.

"Sure."

..

They walked into the first store and Star immediately rushed off to look at the clothes hanging up.

"Star!" Marco called after her, "stay close, I don't want to loose you."

"Aww, Marco, you're not going to loose me, besides, we have phones for a reason don't we?" Star pulled out her phone and shook it in Marco's face, he rolled his eyes.

Star skipped off again, Marco noticed a boy about their age look her up and down and then look at his friend, he raised his eyebrow. Marco shot them a dirty look, he hated it when boys like them looked at Star, because he knew it was because she was extremely beautiful, and he knew what boys their age wanted.

"Marco, will I look good in this?" Star cooed.

"What?" Marco looked back over at Star, she showed him a black bikini that had a single strap to go around the wearers neck, the bottoms were plain black, "yeah, but are we even going to be swimming?"

"Of course we are, Marco! I was speaking to your mother this morning, and she said the hotel had a swimming pool, and we are near a beach! Oh! And the room were staying in has a balcony with a hot tub!

"Jeez, my parents must have been saving up for years," Marco hesitated for a second, "buy it, Star, you will look good in it," he smiled at her.

She put the bikini in her basket and walked past the boys and over to some more clothes, she called out his name.

"Coming!" Marco sighed, this was going to be a long trip.