Chapter 16- Karaoke

Jackie finished doing Star's makeup and wiped her brow, sighing loudly. She grabbed a small compact mirror and passed it to Star, Star looked in the mirror. Jackie had applied the makeup perfectly, her eyes had a perfect smokey eye and black eyeliner and were finished off with some long false lashes which Jackie had given to her. The entire look was completed with some dark red lipstick.
"It looks great, Jackie thank you so much," Star smiled happily at her new look.
"Dont worry about it, go and get changed in the bathroom and I'll do your hair," Jackie plugged some straightners into the wall and rested them on the desk while they heated up. Star went and got changed in the bathroom, the dress was shorter than she expected but the rest of it looked great. She left the bathroom and sat back down. Jackie untied her hair from the bun it was in and straightened it.
"And I think we are done," Jackie pulled Star's hair over her shoulders and admired her work, "go take a look in the mirror," she pointed at a larger mirror in the corner of the room.
Star got up and walked over to the mirror, admiring herself, she looked great, better than she had ever done, actually.
"Wow..." was all she could say.
"I know right," Jackie smiled and stood beside her, wrapping her arm around her shoulder.
Jackie rushed back over to her wardrobe and pulled out some black heels, "you can borrow these they're my favourite, so look after them," she smiled and gave them to Star, who thanked her and slipped them on her feet.
Jackie frowned as she looked at Star, "I think you're missing something," she grabbed a bag and pulled out a black choker, which had three small gems at the front of it, she passed it to Star and she pulled it over her head.
"Perfect!" Jackie smiled enthusiastically.
"I cant thank you enough Jackie, really," Star beamed as Jackie lead her to the door.
"Dont thank me, it was fun, want me to walk you down?"
"Please, I dont know if I can walk in these heels, falling down the stairs would be embarassing."
"Tell me about it," Jackie rolled her eyes and lead Star to the bar.
..
Marco waited at the table with his parents anxiously, he was planning out what he was going to say to Star and if he would say sorry for not saying anything after he kissed her earlier. He shook the thoughts out of his head and noticed Jackie walk into the bar, Star following behind her, his mouth was left agape as she smiled in his direction. He stood and walked over to her, he gulped as she stopped and stared in his direction.
"Hey, Star you look... great," he smiled sweatly and his eyes drifted to the choker around her neck.
Star turned around to see if Jackie was still behind her, but she had already left after she met Marco, "thank you, so do you," she looked at his hair, he had neatly gelled it to the side.
"I'll show you where we're sitting, we already got you a drink," he led her over to the table and pulled her out a seat, beckoning her to sit down.
"Thanks," Star smiled at Marco and took a sip of her drink.
"So... I dont think I've seen you wear that dress before, is it Jackie's?" Marco asked, looking at the dress she was wearing.
"Yeah, she borrowed it to me, she wanted to do my makeup and everything, so I just let her," Star shrugged, trying to sound casual, she didnt want him to think she tried too hard.
"Yeah, it looks really nice," Marco said dreamily, "Wait! not saying that you dont usually look nice! I'm just say-" Star cut him off by putting her hand on top of his and muttering the words "chill, I know."
"Sorry," Marco looked at his hands, which were now resting on his lap.
Star rolled her eyes and chuckled lightly.
Everyone became silent when a man approached the stage at the front of the dance floor, he was holding a microphone and tapping on it lightly.
He began to speak, "testing...testing... Okay, thank you to everyone for coming to the bar tonight... As some of you may know, we have a karaoke night tonight, so if anyone wants to sing, come and speak to me at the back, choose a song and I'll tell you when you can sing, thats all, thank you," he walks off the stage.
An overwhelming amount of people rushed to the front, forming a line each of them signing up to sing, including Marco's parents.
"Oh no," Marco muttered as he watched his parents join the line, Rafael stuck his thumb up when he noticed Marco staring. Marco shook his head wildly and flew his hands around dramtically.
"Marco, just let them have their fun," Star laughed and patted his shoulder.
"How embarrassing," he held his head in his hands.
A few minutes passed and a lot of people performed, most of them performed in groups and couldn't stop laughing, whereas others actually tried their best. Marco's parents were up next.
They walked onto the stage and started to sing a romantic song together, they even added actions to the song too.
Marco sniggered, earning a small smiled from Angie from across the room.
They finished singing and thanked the audience for listening. Marco watched them as they walked back over and sat down.
"Did you enjoy that?" Angie asked, a huge smile on her face.
Marco just rolled his eyes and looked at the front.
"Why dont you go and sing then, Marco?" Angie raised her eyebrow.
"No way, I cant sing," Marco shook his head.
"I've heard you sing before, you're not half bad," Star added.
"Sing and I'll give you £50," Rafael yawned.
"Fine, but you better give me the money," Marco sighed.
Marco nervously headed to the front, he regretted even leaving his seat.
"Hey, do you want to sign up?" The man looked up from his phone.
"Yeah," Marco gulped.
"Okay, what song do you want to sing, heres a list," he handed Marco a piece of paper and he chose the only song he knew.
"Are you sure? You usually have to perform that with someone else, preferably a female, but its no problem if you want to sing it alone."
"Its okay, I'm singing alone," he glanced over at Star, who was watching him intently, she smirked when she saw him looking at her.
"Thats great, you can perform right now then," the man looked up, smiling and passed him a microphone.
"What! Now?"
"Yeah, you can always back out," he frowned.
"No, im committed now," Marco tried to sound confident as he walked to the front.
He started to sing into the microphone, his face was burning like hell from his nerves and he was pretty sure he sounded and looked like a wreck.
The part which was supposed to be sung by a female came on, and he hesistated, before opening his mouth to start the next verse. Before he could sing he heard another voice beside him, it was a female voice and it sounded angelic...