Chapter 12- The Park

Marco and Star arrived at the park, it was early in the morning, so it was quite empty, only a few children and parents were around.
Star looked around, spying out the swings in the distance, "Marco! come and push me on these!" Star skipped over to the swings and sat down on one, Marco stood behind her and started to push.
A few minutes later Star was going so high she could just about see the tops of trees in front of her.
"Marco! Marco! Slow down," she laughed loudly.
Marco stopped the swing, "do you want to go for a walk?"
"Sure, let's walk around the lake, I want to see the ducks," Star hopped off the swing and started walking, Marco quickly caught up with her and they started their journey.
"So then, Diaz, I've been meaning to ask," Star said while raising her eyebrows.
"What is it?" Marco sighed.
"Last night, you said that you liked someone."
"Actually, I think I like someone," Marco corrected her.
"Right," Star sighed.
"Why are you asking?" Marco frowned.
"I don't know, I thought you liked Jackie..." Star shrugged.
Marco chuckled, "yeah, Jackies nice, but I don't have a crush on her!"
"But I don't know anyone else, apart from Janna..."
"It's not Janna, the person I like is much closer to you than you think."
"Are you talking in riddles now?" Star grinned.
"No, I'm just speaking facts."
..
They finished the walk around the lake and started to head back to their hotel room.
"Do you fancy more ice-cream?" Marco asked, searching his pocket for any money.
"You read my mind!" Star found the ice-cream shop and went inside.
They ordered their ice-cream and ate it while they were walking home.
"I'm going to miss the ice-cream when we go back home," Star sighed sadly.
"We have ages until we go home, besides, we can still eat it at home."
"I know, can we watch a movie tonight? I miss watching them with you," Star asked.
"Sure, but did we bring any movies?"
"I did, I bought our favorite one," Star smiled.
"It's going to be weird watching it without nachos though," Marco finished his ice-cream.
"I know, but it doesn't matter."
..
They reached the hotel room and Star slumped onto the bed. Marco's phone began to ring.
"Hello?" Marco answered the phone and spoke.
"Hey, Marco, can you come to our room for a minute?" Angie answered him.
"Can't you tell me on the phone?"
"I can, but I prefer speaking to you in person, I feel like I haven't seen you in ages."
"Fine I'll come over, do you want me to bring Star?"
Stars head perked up at the sound of her name.
"You can bring her if you want."
"Okay, we're coming," Marco hung up the phone and turned to look at Star, "we have to go and see my parents for a second."
"Okay," Star stood up and stretched her arms.
They went around to Marco's parent's room and knocked on the door, Angie opened the door and let them both in.
"I called you because I wanted to ask you if you wanted to go to the beach tomorrow!" Angie suggested.
"Finally! I've been wanting to go to the beach all week!" Star said excitedly.
"Yeah, I'd like to go there too, what time should we meet you?" Marco asked.
"Come to our room at 11 am, and we'll start making our way down there, you should probably wear your swimming costume under your clothes because
there are no changing rooms there."
"Alright, thanks guys, we'll see you in the morning then," Marco started to walk towards the door before his dad stopped him.
"Wait, do you guys want to go to the bar to get a drink?"
"Sure, but I don't want to stay down there for long," Marco nodded.
They all went downstairs to the bar and found a seat, Angie and Rafael went to get the drinks while Star and Marco chatted between themselves.
They returned minutes later with drinks for them all, they handed them out and sat down.
"So what happened with Jackie?" Angie asked, "I feel like I haven't spoken to you guys in forever,"
"Jackies nice, she went somewhere with Janna today so we didn't see her," Marco answered.
"It looked like she liked you, Marco," Rafael smirked.
"She does," Star said simply, giggling lightly.
..
They both got back to their room, Marco yawned loudly, he had just sat through at least 30 minutes of teasing from his parents while Star tried to defend him.
"Can we watch that movie now?" Star asked.
"Yeah, let's get changed first though."
They both got ready for bed and turned the movie on, the tv was closer to Marco's bed, so he could see perfectly, it wasn't the same for Star, though.
"Marco, I can't see a thing from here," Star groaned.
"Come over here then," Marco lifted his blanket and invited Star to lie with him.
She climbed out of bed and climbed under Marco's blanket.
"Thanks," Star cuddled closer to him as they watched the movie.
It wasn't long before Marco felt his eyes getting heavy and he couldn't fight the urge to sleep.