Chapter 11- Hanging Out With Jackie

Jackie returned with their drinks, how she managed to carry 3 without spilling a single drop was beyond them. She placed them on the table and let out a huge sigh while wiping her brow.
"Thanks, Jackie," Marco passed a drink to Star and grabbed one for himself.
"Yeah, thanks Jackie," Star smiled pleasantly and turned to look at Marco, "we still need to use that jacuzzi."
You're right," Marco nodded, "maybe tomorrow, I think I've seen enough water for today."
"Have you guys been to the beach yet, I'm trying to tan, it's not really working though," Jackie groaned and looked at her pale arms.
"Not yet, I'm hoping we can soon though," Star shrugged, "I bought a bikini specifically for the beach, we've been to the town though."
"Oh! Is that where you got your bracelet from? It's gorgeous!" Jackie picked up Star's wrist and admired the bracelet that she received from Marco.
"Yeah," Star shot a small smile at Marco.
Jackie turned her attention to Stars hair, which was hanging down past her shoulders, "I tried to grow my hair as long as yours once, but it just didn't suit me."
Star laughed, "your hair looks great now, I like the blue streak."
"Thanks," Jackie smiled "so where do you guys live?"
"Echo creek, close to the high school," Marco answered.
"I think I know where you mean, what about you Star?"
"I live with Marco, I'm a foreign exchange student."
"That's so cool, living with your best friend must be amazing," Jackie smirked, "I don't live far from you guys, so maybe once we all get home we can meet up again."
"Hopefully," Marco nodded, "can I get you two some more drinks?"
"Sure, can I have the same as before?"
"Star?" Marco ruffled her hair.
"Yeah, the same as before, thanks Marco," Star looked up to him with wide eyes.
Marco left the table to get more drinks for them, leaving Star and Jackie alone, there was an awkward silence between them.
"So, do you have any hobbies?" Star tried to make conversation.
"Not really, I like to skateboard," Jackie frowned, "but I couldn't bring my skateboard with me."
"Why not?" Star asked.
"My parents wouldn't let me, it fit in the suitcase, but they said that I'd be too busy to skateboard anyway and that it was a waste of space."
"I have a question for you," Jackie started, "what's it like being a foreign exchange student, weren't you nervous about living with a total stranger?"
"I was, but Marco welcomed me and we became friends quickly, I'm just glad I didn't get stuck with some total idiot," Star sighed.
"Yeah, Marco's...nice," she smiled dreamily.
Star raised her eyebrow and smirked, "sounds like someone likes my best friend..."
"Hey! Can you blame me?" Jackie said a little too loudly.
"Blame you for what?" Marco returned with drinks, placing them on the table.
"Nothing," Jackie said innocently and mentally thanked Star for not saying anything.
..
Marco and Star got back up to their room, and they both were lying down in bed, playing on their phones.
"Star, do you want Jackie's number now?"
"Sure," Star said and listened as Marco read out Jackie's number.
"Thanks," Star dropped Jackie a quick message to let her know it was her.
"You know Jackie likes you, right?" Star couldn't help but tell him.
"What?" Marco chuckled nervously, "really?"
"Yeah, she told me when you went to buy us drinks, don't tell her I told you!" Star said firmly.
"I won't, don't worry about it, I think I like someone else anyway," Marco replied.
"You think?"
"It doesn't matter," Marco shook his head and scolded himself for saying too much.
"Are we seeing her tomorrow?" Star asked, frowning.
"I don't know, I was just looking at the map on my phone, and there's a park nearby here, if you want to check it out," Marco showed Star his phone and she looked at it, tilting her head.
"It looks pretty big... Yeah, we should go," Star grinned and turned off her light. Marco did the same and they sat in the dark.
"Jackie can't come with us tomorrow," Marco sighed.
"Why not?" Star pretended to sound upset, although she was quite glad, she liked Jackie, but she made her feel uneasy around Marco.
"She's going somewhere with Janna."