Chapter 13- The Beach

Marco woke up as the sun shone through the curtains and onto his face, he rubbed his eyes. Something shuffled beside him, he turned around to see Star cuddled up to him, letting out soft snores every few seconds. Marco sighed and pulled the covers back over them both, a little more sleep wouldn't hurt, right?
..
"Marco!" Star patted Marco's shoulder, "wake up!"
"Star?" Marco opened his eyes, "why are you waking me?"
"We have to meet your parents in 20 minutes, we're going to the beach!"
Marco quickly got out of bed, "I almost forgot, I'll go and get changed now!" He grabbed his clothes and rushed into the bathroom.
Star rolled her eyes and sat on her bed, she was already ready to leave, she thought back to the morning when she woke up.
~The Morning~
Star opened her eyes and yawned, her arm was wrapped around Marco's waist. She felt her face heat up as she moved her arm away from him, she brushed a small amount of hair away from his face and climbed out of the bed, leaving Marco to sleep.
~Back To Present~
"I'm ready! Let's go," Marco interrupted Star's thoughts as he came out of the bathroom, clutching his forehead.
Star stood up and picked up her bag, "let's go then."
..
They arrived at the beach, Marco's parents took off their clothes to reveal their swimsuits. Star and Marco did the same, Star wore a red bikini with a frilled top, and Marco wore his grey swim-shorts.
They placed their towels on the sand and set up their umbrellas.
Star immediately lay down on her towel and spread out, letting out a loud sigh.
"You guys need to put sun-cream on, you don't want to get heat-stroke!" Angie threw them a bottle of sun-cream.
Marco used it first, putting it on the best he can, before throwing it to Star.
She used it and called Marco's name.
"What's up, Star?" Marco turned around to look at her.
She pointed to her back, "can you do my back? I'll do yours after," she smiled sweetly.
"Sure," Marco took the bottle from her and started to apply it to her back, he did the best he could, he didn't want her to get a sunburn. He massaged it into her pale skin until he had covered everything.
"I'm done," Marco said, turning around and allowing Star to do his.
Star finished applying it and gave it back to Angie.
Star relaxed onto her towel, closing her eyes, allowing the sun to beam onto her body, Marco did the same and they lay in silence for a while.
"Star?" Marco checked if Star was still awake, she opened her eyes and looked up at him.
"Hey," she let out a small giggle.
"Do you want to go for a swim?" Marco pointed to the sea.
"Of course," she smiled as she got up and tied her long hair into a bun.
They both headed over to the water, they continued walking until the water was around shoulder-height. The waves were gentle and splashed around their shoulders.