Chapter 20- Girlfriend

Sorry for not updating this in a while, my update schedules suck so I'm sorry about that.

~~

The four of them walked onto land, Jackie groaned as she tried to pull clumps of sand out of her platinum hair while Janna laughed at the sight of her mascara running down her face.
"Janna! I didn't want to get my hair wet today! I'm going out with my parents tonight!"
"Nevermind, you always look good anyway."
Jackie sighed and tried to hold back her laughter.
Star and Marco followed close behind them, Star twirling some hair, that had escaped from her bun, around her finger nervously. She was still thinking about Marco's question.
"Will you be my girlfriend?"
Just the thought of his voice sent shivers down her spine and made her stomach do somersaults.
"Star?" Marco turned his head to look at her.
"Y-yeah?" Star sighed, "sorry, I zoned out for a second there."
"You've turned bright red," he reached over and ran his thumb along her cheek.
"O-Oh," Star quickly moved some loose strands of hair over her cheeks in a poor attempt to hide her embarrassment.
Jackie stopped suddenly, causing Star to almost bump into her, they were back to their towels.
Jackie turned around to face them, "what shall we do now?"
Star shrugged, "we should dry off and go back to the hotel."
"Agreed," Marco muttered, it seemed like he had something on his mind too.
They lay down on their towels and let the sun rays shine down on them. Star immediately closed her eyes.
Marco thought to himself, he didn't get a chance to hear Stars answer, so did she want to date him or not? He rubbed his eyes with his hands and yawned loudly. He decided bringing it up right now was a bad idea, especially in front of Jackie and Janna, he didn't want to embarrass her or anything.
..
An hour or so later Star and Marco were back at their room, and Jackie and Janna were back at their own.
"I'm so tired," Star yawned and stretched her arms out.
"Me too," Marco stood at the balcony, looking out at the area around them.
Star stood up and went to stand beside him.
"Is something wrong?" She asked.
"No, I'm okay, I think I'm just tired."
"We haven't eaten since breakfast, but I'm not that hungry, we can go and get food if you like though," Star changed the subject quickly.
"No, I'm not hungry either," Marco answered, not taking his eyes off the scenery.
They stood in silence for a while before Star sighed and broke the silence.
"Marco I-," she gulped and turned her body to face his, he did the same. Star felt her face heat up, "I love you."
"I love you too, Star," she muttered and pulled her into a hug.
"And my answer is yes," she wrapped her arms around his waist and buried her face in his chest.
"What?"
"I want to be your girlfriend."
Marco didn't say anything, instead, he pulled her face up so it was inches away from his own, and kissed her.
Star pulled away from the kiss, a blush evident on her face, although this time, she didn't seem to care. She brought her hand up to the back of his head and twisted her fingers in his hair, before bringing his face down to her own once again. Their lips met and Star closed her eyes and just enjoyed the moment. She jumped in surprise when Marco started to move his mouth and deepened the kiss. She soon got the idea and joined in. Marco moved his hands and wrapped them around her waist, his hands resting on her lower back, daring not to go any lower. He pulled her body closer to his own so their bodies were pressed up against each other.
Marco pulled away from the kiss and stared into her eyes before letting go of her.
"I-," Star started, but Marco simply put his finger on her lips to stop her from saying anything and walked into their bedroom.