Chapter 7- The Town

"What are you guys doing today?" Marco asked.
"I haven't really thought about it, we will probably just stay in and then go to the water park tomorrow," Angie answered, looking over at Rafael, who was wiping his mouth with a napkin.
"You guys could go around the town," Rafael suggested.
"Marco we should!" Star said excitedly.
"Sure, I guess we could check it out later," Marco yawned and brushed his hand through his hair.
They finished breakfast and the waiter came to collect their plates.
"Where's the town then?" Marco asked Angie while glancing over at Star.
"Turn right when you get out of the hotel and walk for about 10 minutes, you'll see it," Angie smiles.
"Okay, thank you," Marco nods and puts his hand on Stars shoulder, making her jump "shall we go, Star?"
"Y-yeah," Star stands up and they both say goodbye.
..
"Is this it?" Star looks around at the shops.
"Yes, where do you want to go first?"
"Definitely the souvenir shop, they always have the best stuff," Star says, pulling Marco into a nearby shop.
The shop was small, but was selling plenty of items, ranging from key chains, bracelet's and statues that they definitely couldn't afford. Star ended up buying a few key chains.
They left the shop and walked for a while, until Star eventually spotted another shop.
"Marco... Can we go into the jewellery shop, I know we probably can't buy anything, but can I just look?" Star practically begged him while hugging his arm.
"Sure, you don't have to ask me, just go where you want and I'll follow you."
They entered the shop and Star was immediately drawn to the most expensive jewellery there.
"Come on Star, you can't afford that," Marco chuckled and pointed to the cheaper jewellery section, "you should look over there instead."
"But it's so nice to look at," Star thought to herself for a moment before heading over to the earrings, "I do need new earrings though, help me choose, Marco."
"Are these nice?" Star held up a packet of gold hoop earrings.
"Yeah, you go and pay when your finished, I'm going to look over here," Marco pointed at a stand of bracelets and walked over to them.
"Okay, Marco can I meet you outside in a second?"
"Yeah, sounds good," Marco turned to smile at her and carries on walking away.
Star payed for her items and put them in her bag, she stood outside, leaning against the wall waiting for Marco.
Marco finally left the shop, shoving a small package in his pocket on the way out, Star decided not to question him about it.
"Took you long enough," she giggled "I have the best idea!"
"What is it?" Marco frowned.
"You'll see," Star grabbed his wrist and pulled him across the street.
"We're going to get ice-cream, aren't we?" Marco raised his eyebrow.
"How did you know?" Star bit her lip and pouted.
"I've known you for years, Star, I can practically read you like a book. Also, all of your ideas involve ice-cream."
"Not all of them," Star shook her head.
"Well, most of them..." Marco followed Star into the ice-cream shop.
Star studied the menu, "what are you having, Marco?"
"I don't know, probably chocolate?"
"You always have chocolate."
Star decided what she was having and told the man behind the desk.
"Can we have two of those, please?" Marco asked, sliding a £10 note across the desk, "this ones on me."
"Sure, if you want to take a seat outside, we will bring them to you," the man smiled and gave Marco his change.
"Thanks!" Star said happily and skipped out of the shop.