Chapter 21- Hot Tub

Star watched as Marco walked into their room and went out of sight, a frown plastered her face.
"Am I really that bad at kissing?" Star mumbled and tilted her head to see if she could see Marco. She looked at the hot tub, she really wanted to go in it at some point. Star walked back into their room, Marco was sitting on his bed staring at the wooden floor. He moved his head to look at her when he heard her close the balcony door, he was blushing.
Star chuckled at the sight and went to sit beside him, "you okay, safe kid?"
"Don't call me that," he frowned at the sound of his nickname, he hadn't been called that in forever.
"You love it," she reached over and ruffled his brunette hair. He immediately pulled away and tried to flatten his hair back down.
Star giggled at his failed attempt.
Marco shuffled closer to Star so their sides were pressed against each other.
Star's eyes lit up as she got an idea, "we should use the hot tub! We've been meaning to use it for ages so nows the best time because we have nothing to do."
Marco smiled at her excitement and nodded, "let me get changed and we can go out."
Star searched through her wardrobe to try and find her favorite bikini, she wanted to impress Marco somehow, and now was her chance. She pulled out a black top and bottoms. The top had crossed straps at the back and a silver jewel in the middle of it. The bottoms had tassels all around it. She quickly pulled it on before Marco came out of the bathroom in his swimming trunks.
"I didn't know you brought that bikini," Marco tilted his head, his eyes wandering slightly and making her blush. Not like she didn't mind though.
"I got it a while ago," Star said as she opened the sliding glass doors to the balcony and walked out.
Marco followed her outside and watched as she took a seat on the side of the hot tub. Cautiously, she dipped her foot into the water and immediately pulled it back out.
"Cold!" She screeched.
"You have to turn it on first," Marco chuckled and flipped the switch on the side of the tub.
"I knew that," Star mumbled as Marco took a seat beside her, putting his legs into the water. He climbed into the tub, his body tensing up from the cold as he rubbed his sides in an attempt to warm up.
"Are you coming in?" He called after her.
"I'm waiting for it to heat up first," Star frowned and dipped her hand into the water.
"It will warm up soon," Marco settled onto the small step inside the tub, the water jets making the water bubble around him.
Star looked out at the view, mostly everything was dark outside, apart from the lights coming from peoples rooms in the skyscrapers. She could just about make out the beach that they had visited. Everything looked like it had been taken straight out of a movie and put in front of her. She took the time to think about the day and smiled to herself, she could finally call herself Marco's girlfriend.
"What's so funny?" Marco said suddenly, distracting Star from her thoughts.
"Nothing, I'm just... happy," she gently lowered herself down into the tub. It had completely warmed up by now and was emitting a small amount of steam into the air.
"Me too," Marco smiled.
Star moved to sit beside him and snuggled into his side.
"I've liked you for so long, Star," Marco sighed.
"Me too, I just didn't know how to tell you because I didn't want to ruin our friendship," Star shook her head, "you were my best friend, and I didn't want to ruin what we had because of some stupid crush," Star laughed.
"Yeah," Marco said quietly.
Star rested her head on Marco's shoulder. Marco's arm nervously snaked around her waist and he rested his head on hers. Her hair tickling at his face. Star closed her eyes and relaxed her body, letting her body lean against Marco's.
They stayed like this for a while until Marco broke the silence, "are you falling asleep?"
Star didn't answer, instead, she lifted her head and turned to look at him, nodding slightly.
Star held onto Marco's shoulders and swung her leg over his own so she was straddling him. Marco gulped as he felt the tassels from her bottoms brush against his stomach and thighs. Star looked equally as nervous and she had a pink hue to her cheeks. She moved forward slightly so her lips could reach his. She planted a kiss on his lips and pulled away almost instantly. Marco groaned at the loss of contact and intertwined his fingers into Star's hair, pulling her towards him and in for another kiss. This one was longer and more passionate than the last one. Marco held onto Star's waist and sat up straight, so Star was sitting down on his lap. He ran his fingers up Star's spine gently and felt her thighs tense up around his own. Marco pulled Star in for a hug and rested his head on her shoulder. Star hugged him back and leaned the side of her head on his.