Chapter 2- Packing The Bags

Star happily skipped into their house, Marco followed her inside, carrying at least 6 bags full of clothing- that were mostly Stars.
Marco's parents came over to greet them, Rafael shot Marco a sympathetic glance, and muttered the word "girls," quietly and rolled his eyes.
Marco practically threw the bags onto the sofa and slumped himself onto it, resting his tired arms.
"Marco? Will you help me carry these upstairs?" Star asked, waiting at the bottom of the stairs for him.
"You've got to be kidding me!" Marco threw his arms in the air and went to help her.
Angie shrugged at Rafael and he laughed.
Marco dragged the bags up the stairs and delivered them to Stars room, he dumped them on the floor and sighed heavily.
"Thanks, Marco!" Star pulled him into a hug, Marco accepted it and rested his head on her shoulder. He breathed in the scent of her perfume and smiled to himself, he didn't know how he would've survived high school without Star. She was always the one who comforted him and hearing her say the words everything is going to be okay made his life a whole lot better.
She pulled away from the hug and sat cross legged on the floor, she began to rustle through the bags and organised their clothes, passing Marco his new clothes. He shot her a small smile, appreciating her comforting presence, and then left for his own room.
Star folded up her clothes and packed them neatly inside her suitcase, she struggled to close the zipper once she was done, but eventually it closed.
"Star?" Marco knocked onto Stars bedroom door.
"Come in."
"Have you packed, my mums asking for the suitcases," Marco entered Stars room.
"Yeah, I'm finished," Star pushed the suitcase over to where Marco was standing.
"Thanks."

..

Star yawned and climbed into bed, rubbing her eyes. She rested her head onto her pillow and closed her eyes, imagining what the hotel room would be like, and she thought about what she most excited about- spending more time with her best friend.
Marco sat on his bed and rubbed his eyes, he was tired, but not tired enough to fall asleep, he went to take a shower.
Once he was finished, he wrapped a towel around his waist and headed back to his room, picking up his phone and checking the time, it had just turned 11pm. He changed into his pyjamas and climbed under his blanket. He put his head on his pillow, closing his eyes.
He stayed like that for a few minutes, until he heard his door creak, and looked up to see Star standing beside his bed, her hair messily resting on her shoulders, she looked pretty tired.
"You can't sleep either?" Marco whispered, he didn't want to wake his parents up.
"No, I can't stop thinking about tomorrow, it's pretty exciting," Star smiled weakly and bit her bottom lip, "I really didn't want to disturb you, I just wanted to see if you were awake."
"It's okay, I wasn't sleeping," Marco shuffled up in his bed, giving Star room to lay beside him.
Star laughed awkwardly, "thanks."
They lay beside each other in a peaceful silence, Marco missed the time when they were younger, when they used to always sleep in each other's rooms, it became a normal thing until they both got older and their bodies began to develop. Then it began to get awkward and they stopped doing it.
Star turned to her side to face Marco's direction, her hair covering her face. Instinctively, Marco pushed it out of her face, Star blinked a few times and looked up at him.
"Sorry, I thought you were asleep," Marco ruffled his hair and yawned loudly.
Star didn't say anything and they both fell asleep, finally.