Chapter 8- A Gift

The man walked outside, Star gave him a little wave to let him know where they were sitting.
"Here's your ice-cream, enjoy," he placed the two tubs of ice cream down along with two transparent plastic spoons.
"Thanks," Star gave him a small smile before he left.
They ate in silence until Star spoke up, "I'm getting tired of walking, maybe we should head back up to our room after this."
"Yeah, I was thinking the same thing..." Marco yawned and stared out at the scenery, it was starting to get dark, and the street lights were starting to switch on, emitting a dim light.
Star turned her head to look at the moon, which was just starting to shine through the clouds, "it's so... beautiful," she sighed and turned to look at Marco.
He hummed in agreement and went to throw the empty tub away, Star followed him and they started to walk back to the hotel.
The street lights shone down on them, lightning up their faces. The only sound that could be heard was their footsteps and the sound of chirping crickets.
"It gets dark fast here..." Marco broke the peaceful silence.
"Agreed," Star shivered as a huge gust of wind blew past them.
"Your probably cold aren't you?" Marco looked at her short sleeved top.
"Yeah, it's okay though, we're almost back at the hotel anyway."
"Here," Marco kindly took off his jacket and handed it to Star, "it's not the warmest but-"
"Thanks," Star took the jacket and smiled sweetly.
They walked for a while until Marco remembered what he needed to do, he stopped suddenly, getting Stars attention.
"Marco? What's up?" She asked, frowning.
"I-I got you something," he shuffled around in his pocket, trying to find the package.
"Really?" Star turned to face him, an excited look on her face, "Marco, you shouldn't have!"
He pulled out the package and gave it to her, "I could help it."
She unwrapped it slowly, revealing a small golden bracelet, a heart in the middle of it. The heart was decorated with a small silver jewel, which was placed in the middle of it.
Star immediately put it on her wrist and admired it, "Marco, I love it, thank you!"
Marco rubbed the back of his neck, "thank god you like it," he chuckled nervously.
Star said nothing, instead, she pulled him into an affectionate hug. He hugged her back and they stayed there for a while, Marco basking in the scent of her perfume, until she pulled away.
..
They got back to the hotel, both of them tired after their long day out. Marco managed to spot his parents in the bar, they had already made some new friends, a friendly looking couple.
"Hey, you guys are finally back!" Angie beckoned the pair to sit with them.
They both sat down and smiled awkwardly at the new people.
"This is my son, Marco and his friend, Star," Angie introduced them to the couple in front of them.
"We have a daughter of our own, we're taking her to a water park tomorrow, it supposed to be good. You guys should come," The man spoke up.
"Oh! We were already going there tomorrow, what a coincidence!" Angie seemed happy.
"I'll tell her to look out for you then," he smiled at Star and Marco and stood up, "shall we go to our room then?" He turned to say to the woman with him, who Marco assumed to be his wife.
"Yeah, Jackie will probably wonder where we went, we only told her we'd get drinks and then bring them to our room," she laughed and stood up herself, "it was nice meeting you all, we'll hopefully see you soon," she waved and they both left, laughing on their way.
"Do you two want a drink?" Rafael asked. 
"No thanks, I'm going to go to our room, Star you coming?" Marco stood up and stretched his arms.
"Yeah, I'm getting pretty tired too, thanks for the offer, though," Star got up and followed Marco out of the bar.
They headed to their room, Marco unlocked the door and both of them headed inside.
"Today was fun, but I can't wait to go swimming tomorrow!" Marco cracked his knuckles, making Star cringe a little.
"Me too!" Star headed into the bathroom to get changed.
Marco got undressed, put his pyjamas on and jumped into bed, it wasn't long until Star came back out of the bathroom, her hair tied up neatly into a bun, a few stray hairs falling down past her cheeks. She climbed into her own bed and let out a long yawn.
"Night, Star," Marco said, switching off his light.
"Night, Marco," Star switched off her own light and fell asleep.
Before he fell asleep himself, Marco noticed that Star was still wearing the bracelet he brought for her. He smiled to himself, and closed his eyes.