Chapter 17- Lipstick

Once they finished singing, Marco immediately looked to his right to see who his partner was. Star stood beside him, her cheeks were slightly flushed but she was still smiling. Marco's parents were clapping for them and smiling happily.
"S-Star?" Marco managed to say.
Before Star could answer, or even look at him, the man ran onto the stage once more, standing between them.
"Thank you for your beautiful performance guys," he chuckled and took their microphones, they both left the stage and headed back to their seats.
Marco sat down, still shocked by how well Star could actually sing.
"That was fun, right?" Star tilted her head and smiled, her dimples showing.
"Yeah, I guess it was," Marco gulped.
"It was great!" Angie said excitedly, Rafael agreed with her and they both laughed.
"Why don't you sing more?" Marco looked up at Star, who was admiring the bracelet around her wrist, the bracelet that Marco had bought for her,
She shrugged, "I don't know, I just don't want to."
"Why not? You have a nice voice!"
"Thanks, but..." Star shook her head, biting her lip gently.
"We're going to head up to our room now," Angie finished her drink quickly and stood up, grabbing her bag, "don't be late!"
"We won't," Marco rolled his eyes.
"Night Mr. and Mrs. Diaz!" Star waved enthusiastically.
They sat in silence for a while, simply enjoying each others company, everyone around them was chatting and dancing. Star was simply looking around and taking quick glances at Marco, and instantly looking away when he tried to make eye contact with her.
"We should go to bed soon, I'm tired," Star sighed and looked at the clock on the wall, it had just turned midnight and her emotions were all over the place from the events today.
"Yeah, Marco followed her gaze to the clock and then focused his eyes on Star, "about earlier..." he started to blush a little but shrugged it off.
"I was afraid you were going to ask me about that," Star gulped and looked at her hands, which sat in her lap.
Marco moved so he was sitting right next to her, she moved her head so she could stare right at him.
"Do you really have a crush on me?" Star said teasingly and smirked.
Marco raised his eyebrows, "how couldn't I?"
Star felt her cheeks heat up as she beamed, "Marco I-"
Marco shushed her by placing his finger on her lips, "you don't have to say anything, shall we go to our room, I'm getting tired."
"Yeah, I guess so."
..
They both made it safely back to their room, Star headed to her bed but Marco stopped her by gently grabbing her wrist and turning her to face him. He stared into her eyes as he clutched at her fingers. Without saying anything he leaned forward and planted a small kiss on her lips.
"You've got lipstick around your mouth now," Star sniggered and tried to wipe it from his lips.
"It doesn't matter, I'll wash it off, it was worth it at least."
Star wrapped her arms around Marco's neck and pulled him closer to her, he wrapped his arms around her waist and rested her hands on the small of her back and they held each other for a while. Until Marco pulled away to go and get ready for bed.
Star smiled and shook her head, she tried her best to contain her happiness for the situation. Marco came out of the bathroom, his face was clean and he was wearing his stripy pajamas.
Star headed into the bathroom next, she took one last look in the mirror at her makeup before she washed it off. She put on her pajamas and took off all her jewelry, lastly, she tied her hair into a messy bun.
She came out of the bathroom and folded Jackie's clothes, leaving them on the chair, along with the jewelry and shoes she borrowed her.
Star messaged Jackie quickly before climbing into bed.
Star: I'll bring your stuff back tomorrow, thank you so much for helping me, I'll tell you everything when I see you x
She put her phone down on the table beside her and called Marco's name, he didn't answer. When she turned to look at him, he was fast asleep, curled up inside the blankets. Star smiled and turned the lights off, leaving them in the darkness.