☂Chapter 2☂

(Only press play when I say so please XD)

《•••The Past•••》

The children of the Umbrella Academy were siting around the table. All heads of the eight little six-year-olds bowed over their work of basic math sums. 

7+9 =
19-6 =
65:5 =
2/8×9 =
132 5/7 : 74 1/2 =

All were consentrating on their work, all but one. Kiara wasn't paying attention to the sums, she was doodling away on the paper. Drawing little flowers around the numbers, lost in her own thoughts. Until the voice of their father spoke up in his usual, emotionless matter-of-fact tone of voice.
      "I see one more flower or pencil strike on that paper that does not belong there, Number Eight. You'll spend the rest of the day alone in your room, without food." Kiara looked up at Mr Hargreeves from her paper, who wasn't even looking up from the newspaper he was reading.
     "I mean it, Number Eight. Don't test me again. It did not end well for you all the other times." He said, still not looking up.
     Eight locked eyes with Five for a few seconds, who was siting on the other side of the table in front of her. He nodded to the paper as if to tell her to stop. Eight rolled her eyes, but did as her father had said. She stopped drawing on the paper, instead, she started drawing on her hand. The pen left black flowers on her skin, every one of them connected to each other by twirly lines, decorated with leaves. She wasn't paying attention to the people around her, until she got kicked softly under the table by her sister, Number 7, who was siting beside her.
     Kiara looked up, locking eyes with her sister, mouthing 'what?' Vanya nodded to her hand with an 'are you serious' look, followed by a silent 'stop it'. On which Eight responded by slightly shaking her head no. This silent conversation didn't stay private for long, since it got noticed by their father.
     "Children, focus on the a-" Sir Reginald had looked up from the newspaper and his eyes had found Kiara's hand. Covered in her little doodles. His eyes widened, anger clearly in them as he locked eyes with the little girl, "I told you, Number Eight." He said as he stood up from his chair at the head of the table, now walking to the girl. "You tested my patience one to many times today, now you will face the consequences of your actions."
     Kiara started to crimp in as he came closer to her, her siblings watching with a mixture of amusement and fear in their eyes. Mr Hargreeves took Eight's upper arm, trying to force her to stand up. Only Kiara didn't want to, scared for what her father might do, she grabbed the table with her decorated hand.
     For a short moment, the black ink on her skin glowed a bright green color, a moment later, green started to spread all over the table in the form of grass and colorful flowers, puncturing the papers on the table as they grew right through them. Strings of ivy twirled all over the place, around pencils and down the legs of the table, even around Four's hands and up his arms. Since he was the only one who hadn't pulled his hands away immediately. The moment Kiara recovered enough from the first shock she pulled her hand away from the table. The plants stopped growing, but left the table covered in flowers.
     The room was silent. You could drop a needle on one side of the room and the sound would still be clearly audible on the other side.
     Somehow, fear was creeping up inside of Kiara instead of excitement. Not knowing what she did to cause this. Fear for the reaction of her siblings and especially her father. Finally, the silence got broken by her brother, Number Five.
     "That is awesome! How did you do that?" Five's question got followed by an explosion of excitement and questions from the other siblings. Only Kiara didn't say anything back, she was too much in shock to say anything. The burst of excitement and voices soon got cut off by no one less then Mr Hargreeves himself.
     "That's enough! Number Eight, come with me. The other Children, continue your work. Pogo will be supervising."
     "But father, what about the table?" Allison gestured to the table, which was still covered in a bed of flowers and Klaus, who was still tight to it by strings of ivy.
     "Good point, Number Three. Pogo!" Reginald called out for his butler and friend.
     "Yes, Mr Hargreeves?" The ape asked as he walked into the room. The moment he saw the table he looked surprised, "what happened here?"
     "Pogo, you need to take the Children upstairs. Make sure they're working. I'll stay here with Number Eight, so she can undo what she just did." Pogo nodded before taking the children, except for Eight, Two and Four, away from the room. It didn't take long before Diego had freed Klaus from the ivy with his knives, leaving Kiara completely alone with their adoptive father.
     "Undo it," he simply said. Kiara looked up at her father with big eyes, before looking back at the table.
     "I don't know how." Mr Hargreeves looked down at the young girl, shooting her the first smile she ever got from him. It was small and crooked, somehow, it looked wrong on his thin lips.
     "Concentrate on what you want the plants to do." Kiara looked back at the table, hand stretched out to it. She focust as much as she could, but nothing happened.