☂️Chapter 8☂️

A/n: Sooooooo, it's a bit messy chapter, sorry for that. Didn't have the time to do the spelling/grammar check, also sorry for that.
But you shall deal with it!

Anyway, I still hope you like it! Let me know what you think!

~Purple Dragon (26/05/19)

《•••The Past•••》

"Nietzsche once said: 'Man is as a rope stretched between the animal and the superhuman. A rope over an abyss. It is a dangerous crossing, a dangerous looking-back, a dangerous trembling and halting.'" Sir Reginald said, raising his voice so the seven children could hear him properly. He was standing at the top of a long staircase, together with Vanya, who was holding a stopwatch. The children of the Academy were about to start a training session, they had to race each other to the top of the stairs.
     Even though their father was talking, the children weren't really paying a lot of attention to what he was saying, they were too busy with their own little competitions. "I'm so gonna win this, easy," Five said, earning a scoff from Kiara, who didn't look up from the drawing she was making on the back of her hand with a sharpie, while she answered.
     "yeah, sure."
     Five raised an eyebrow at her, "you think you can beat me?"
     "Ow no, I don't think I can. I know it." At the end of the sentence, she looked up from the finished drawing that looked like a big, black circle. The loud sound of the whistle echoed through the starcase and Kiara dropped the sharpie on the ground. The race had began.
     Luther was the first to take the lead, but a few stairs up, Diego passed him by. After Luther ran Allison, after her came Klaus, then Five with Kiara and Ben on his heals. Five shot a smirk over his shoulder to Kiara, "see you at the top." He said before opening a portal.
     "Hell no," Kiara mumbled, grabbing a hold on her adopted brother and jumping through the portal with him so they both reappeared in front of Diego.
     "That's not fair, Five's cheating!" Diego called out, but Mr. Hargreeves wasn't bothered.
     "He adapted," was all the old man had to say about the matter.
     "Make your own portal!" Five bit at Kiara.
     Now a smirk came on her face, "okay!" As she said it, she used her powers to create a black hole beneath Five's feet, that made him fall through the staircase down to the one below. "See ya!" She yelled after him while she continued running up the stairs, leaving the black hole there for a little longer to block her siblings' way. The moment she made the hole disappear, it was already too late, because she had reached the top and Vanya stopped the timer. "I won!" Kiara cheered and gave Vanya a high five.
     "Congratulations, Number Eight." Sir Reginald said, on which the girl answered with making a small bow.
     A moment later Five appeared beside her, "that was not fair." He said while the other siblings also joined them.
     "Why not? You told me to make my own portal, so i did." Kiara said with as much innocence as possible. Diego wanted to protest, but Mr. Hargreeves spoke up again.
     "You did win the race today, but remember: As much as you must strive for individual greatness, and strive you must, for it won't come to you of its own accord you must also remember that there is no individual stronger than the collective. The ties that bind you together, make you stronger than you are alone. They will make you impervious to the pain and hardship the world will thrust upon you. And believe me when I tell you, life will be hard. It will be painful. We can accomplish anything when we accept responsibility together. This is what creates trust. Together, you will stand against the reign of evil. Don't waste your time." With those words, Reginald walked away, Vanya following him since she still had his stop watch and the whistle.
     "What's that supposed to mean?" Allison asked, on which Kiara responded with a shrug of her shoulders.
     "He means that we need to work together, be a team. He means that we'll need each other to defeat evil." Luther answered his sister's question.
     Diego scoffed, "I don't need any of you," he said before he also started to walk away, but his sibling walked with him.
     "Of course you don't," Klaus commented while rolling his eyes.
     "Well, it doesn't matter anyway," Kiara said as she walked in front of the rest, turning to face them so she was walking backwards now. "What does matter, is that I'm better than all of you!" She exclaimed laughing. Earning a lot of growls and eye rolls from her siblings. 
     "You won one time! That doesn't make you better then the rest of us." Five said while walking closer to Kiara, who still was walking backwards.
     "That's what you're saying now, but if you were the one that had won, you'd have said the exact same thing." 
     "But in that case the statement would actually have been true."
     This time, it was Ben who scoffed, "no, it wouldn't." 
     "Yes it would!" 
     "Ow just shut up!" Kiara exclaimed. "Today I'm better then all of you a-" Kiara, who had still been walking backwards, had tripped and fallen on her back. The other siblings bursted out laughing.
     "Yeah, Dolores, you're way better than all of us." Five said through his snickers.
     Kiara pushed herself into a sitting position, "assholes." She mumbled while Ben helped her back up, a smile also on his face, but he tried not to laugh. "Thanks Ben," she said before turning to the rest. "At least one of you is a descent human being." She bit at them, but they just continued laughing. Kiara wanted to be mad, but she couldn't help the smile that came on her lips.