☂️Chapter 12☂️

《•••The Present•••》

It turned out that, finding the correct suite for Klaus inside the closet of their deceased caretaker was harder then Five thought at first. Most of the old man's clothes were either too small or made the man look like he boarded the Titanic, just before it hit the iceberg and went down in the ice cold waters.
     "Can I pllleeassse just go in my own clothes?" Klaus whined as he looked at himself in the one big mirror in the room. He was wearing a white blouse with a light gray suite. Only the pants and jacket were way too small, the sleeves barely reached further than his elbows, while the pants only covered half of his shins.
     "No," Five said sternly, "now stop whining and try this one." Five threw a dark blue suite at his brother, small grey stripes running from the bottom of the pants to the top of the jacket.
     Another dramatic sigh left Klaus's lips after looking at the pieces of clothing in his hands, "fine!"
    Kiara only glanced over at her siblings, an amused smile on her face as she turned back to the smaller mirror she was using. As Five had suggested, she wasn't wearing her black vest anymore. Just her off-shoulder white blouse and black pants. She could've gone to her room or Allison's to find something better fitting for the occasion, but she figured this would do. The woman had bound her blue and grey hair in a tight bun, but decided to pull some strains lose, not liking how she looked otherwise. Right now she was putting on some black eyeliner and eye-shadow, nothing much, just enough to get her look a little more intense. Her black gloves didn't really look very professional, but there was nothing to do about that part. She only added some extra bracelets to her wrist to hide her Umbrella Academy tattoo.
     "Is this enough satisfaction for you two or do I need to try another of those awful things?" Klaus asked, bringing the collar of the jacket to his face to smell it, only to let go of it while pretending to vomit. "It reeks of old mothballs and cigars."
     Kiara turned around, observing her friend in the dark blue striped suite. Somehow, this one did fit the man just fine. "Actually, this one doesn't look half that bad on you," Kiara commented, walking closer to him to adjust the jacket a little and strike some of the wrinkles away.
     "Agreed," Five said. "Now let's get going. We already wasted way to much time in here."
     "Don't worry son, we'll be back in time before your play date with the neighbors' daughter." Five shot Klaus a dead glare, showing that he really didn't appreciate the man's attempt to a joke.
     "Wait," Kiara mumbled, "almost forgot." The blue eyed woman took a golden ring from their father's nightstand and handed it to Klaus. "Can't be married without a ring." She said with a wink. Klaus took the ring and put it on, it was a little loose, but fitted well enough.
     "Oww! Fancy! Where's yours?"
     Kiara turned to him, holding up her gloved hands. "No ring for me, besides, no one will question my ring is under those."
     Five rolled his eyes, "let's go!" Without anymore words, the three siblings started to make their way down the stairs. As they came closer to the ground floor, they could hear the voice of their sister Allison. They didn't know who she was talking to, but it was clear that Allison was upset and angry.
     "You separate yourself from everyone and everything. You always have." Kiara had a suspicion on who she was talking to, but didn't know for sure until she heard the voice of their other female sibling.
     "Because Dad made me." It was Vanya.
     "Did Dad make you write that book about us, too?" Allison's voice could be heard before there was a short silence. The three had almost reached the ground floor and how closer they got, how stronger the negative emotions that Kiara could sense from the two became. "You're an adult now, Vanya." Allison continued, "you don't get to blame your problems on anyone but yourself."
    At that moment, Five, Klaus and Kiara had reached the bottom of the stairs and could see the angry look on Allison and Vanya's sad posture. "What's going on?" Kiara asked carefully. She knew the situation was delicate due to her adopted sisters' emotions so she tried not to make it worse.
     "Non of your concern." Allison said harshly, before turning around and walking away.
     Kiara brought her attention back to her friend, "everything okay?" Kiara asked her.
     Vanya glanced from her sister to the ground a few times, "it's fine. Don't worry about it." Even without her powers, Kiara could tell that it wasn't fine.
     "What happened?" Kiara insisted.
     "We don't have time for this, Kiara. Let's go." Five spoke from behind her, his impatience sounding through.
     But Kiara ignored him "Vanya?"
     "It's okay, Kiara. Really. It looks like you've got somewhere to go, so go. I'll be fine." Vanya's words didn't really convince Kiara in any way, but Klaus took her by the arm.
     "Gotta go, Kiki." He mumbled, pulling on her arm slightly.
     Kiara sighed, "okay, talk to you later, Vee." She said, sticking her hand in the air while she got pulled with her two adopted brothers, but Vanya didn't even react.
     "She was hurt," Kiara mumbled, "both of them were."
     Five sighed, still walking in front of the two. "If we don't do this quick, we'll all be dead within a week and it won't matter anymore who's hurt." Kiara scoffed, wanting to protest, but not feeling like starting a new discussion. It could wait until after they got the name of the eye's owner.
    Not having the patience to wait for a taxi, Five used his powers to get them all to the company. It was a big building, mostly brown, with rows of windows on the higher floors. In white letters it read 'MERITECH', on a black background.