☂️Chapter 17☂️

A/N: "A queen is never late, everyone else is simply early."

Okay, who am I kidding, I'm a day late. I've been really busy and didn't have time to write a lot. But here it is! I hope you'll enjoy. Let me know what you think in the comments!

~Purple Dragon (02/07/19)

《•••The Present•••》

Life doesn't always go as you may have imagined. Maybe you wanted to become a veterinarian, but you found out you'll have to give animals shots and couldn't bring yourself to work with needles. Or maybe you wanted to be married and have at least two children at the age of 32, but now you're a 33-year-old single mom of one spoiled little dog named Suzan. Or maybe you always wanted to become a librarian, but soon after you started your education you found out that you found the job incredibly boring, so now you're training to become Robert Pattinson's stuntman in the next Batman movie - because let's be real, he's probably going to need one.  
     Anyway, my point is, life is weird and unpredictable. You may have had an entire plan on what you want to do since you were just a little kid, but you may have noticed that the years after that went entirely different. That is how life works, but even after all those years of experience and learning, you still may not be ready to accept that. Just like Kiara still wasn't ready to accept everything that had happened. In the past few days, her adopted father had died, her brother that had disappeared years ago, reappeared with the message that the world was about to end. Then he disappeared again to God knows where in order to stop it. Two psychopaths with children's masks attacked her and her family inside their own house, giving her a concussion. She found out Luther apparently had become half gorilla, her other adopted brother had practically killed their android mother and she also had the feeling her other- other adopted brother was missing now as well. 
     Kiara wanted to do something, she wanted to find het two missing brothers and help Five stop the apocalyps, she wanted to talk with Luther about what happened to him, talk with Diego about their mother and find the masked lunatics before they could do any more damage. Besides this, she also wanted to go talk with her sister Vanya, since she didn't like how last night ended with her and she also had to contact Brian, let him know she was okay and hope he wasn't still pissed off. But those two options seemed not really as important as the other ones. 

With her head still hurting and a bit fuzzy, Kiara still decided she wasn't going to sit and do nothing. Concussion or not, she was going to be useful. Even though she still hadn't decided on what to do first, she made her way through the halls of the Academy, hoping she would find something that could help her with any of it. While the woman walked up the first set of stairs, she heard two sets of footsteps coming her way. One was definitely Luther, the sound of his big and heavy steps were easy recognizable. The other pair were from Diego, but she only knew that because she saw them coming from around a corner. The moment her eyes fell on Number Two she had decided what to do first.
     "How was the bath?" Luther asked Kiara the moment they were close enough to each other to be audible. 
     "What?" For a short moment, Kiara didn't know what her adopted brother was talking about, but then it clicked. "Ow! yeah, no. Haven't gotten around to that yet. Anyway, Diego." The woman addressed her other brother as her blue eyes made contact with his brown ones. "Can we talk?"
     "Not now," Diego said shortly before making an effort to walk passed her, but Kiara blocked his way. Her eyes not leaving his, looking at him with an urgentie that started to unsettle the man.
     "It's about mom." Those three words were enough to make a small wave of panic shoot through Diego's body. Only Luther didn't seem to understand what was going on, at least, he misinterpreted it.
     "Diego already knows," he said careful, trying not to make any of his sibling angry. 
     "It's not about that," Kiara said, her voice also careful. "Diego?" Their brother snapped back to reality, glancing over at Luther for a second before turning back to Kiara, nodding his head.
     "Okay, make it quick." 
     Kiara sighed, grabbing Diego by the arm and leading him away from Luther. Once they were on a safe distance where their brother wouldn't be able to hear them, Kiara spoke up. "I know what you did." She said in a hushed, but serious tone. Diego's panic got slightly bigger, but he didn't look away from his sister's gaze,
     "I don't know what you're talking about." Kiara sighed, annoyed by her brother's behavior.
     Before he could do anything about it, she swatted him on the back of the head, "you know what I mean. Allison had me use my powers on mom this morning." 
    Diego's eyes got slightly bigger for a moment, realizing what she ment, before his gaze hardened, "you told Allison?" He demanded, a sharp edge in his voice. This only made Kiara sigh again while she rolled her eyes.
     "Of course not!" She whisper yelled. "I told them it were Bonnie and Clyde. But-"
     "Them?"
     "Allison and Luther. They were there. But that's not the point! Why did you do it? Why did you turn her off?" Diego didn't immediately answer, instead he shifted his weight from one foot to the other, looking up at the spot in the ceiling where the chandelier used to hang. Kiara could tell he was nervous and hurting, he didn't want to talk about it, but Kiara wasn't going to let him get away with this that easily. "Diego, you need to answer me."
     The man took a deep breath and licked his lips, looking back down at his adopted sister. "Because I had to." He started eventually. "M- mom was- n't." Diego took another deep breath, trying to calm himself down so he could get rid of his stutter. "She was sick. Broken. She wasn't functioning like she's supposed to. Mom was loosing her shit, and I made it stop before it got any worse for her." The entire time Diego talked, Kiara could feel his pain become worse, this was so hard on him. Kiara wanted to be mad at her brother, but she couldn't get herself to do so. He did what he thought was best for their mother, and she would be lying if she said she fully disagreed with him. 
     "Okay," she eventually said after a short moment of silence.
     "Okay? Okay what?" Diego asked, his frustration sounding through.
     "Okay, I won't tell the rest. Your secret's safe." A wave of relieve came over Diego, he didn't want any of the others to find out what he did, especially not Luther. Kiara smiled at her adopted brother, placed a hand on his shoulder before starting to make her way further down the hall. Only Diego grabbed her wrist.
     "Wait." Kiara turned back to him, a questioning look on her face as she silently asked him to continue. "You, used your powers on mom, right?" 
     Kiara nodded, "yeah, I did." She still didn't understand where he was going with this. 
     "Did you- I mean..." Diego took a deep breath, "did you see, my memory- or..." He trailed off, but the question was clear now to the woman. 
     "Did I relive your memory or mom's?" She asked with a small smile. Diego nodded his head once, indicating that was what he wanted to ask. Kiara now turned to her adopted brother fully, taking a deep breath of her own. Should she tell him the truth? If she did, she could either make Diego feel worse because he hurt his mother by shutting her off, or she would hurt him by telling him that the woman he loved so much, wasn't capable of feeling the same way. But now she was thinking about it, it was pretty clear telling the truth was the better option.
     "It was mom's. She, um... She knew what you were doing and let you. She was scared - or at least I think she was. It felt weird, different from anything I've ever felt before." 
     There was a short silence, before Diego spoke up again. His voice soft, almost a whisper, as if he was scared of what was about to come. "Did she- su- did it hu- hurt?" He stuttered, trying his best to control it, but not being able to at the moment. 
     Kiara bit down on her lip, frowning a little before shooting her brother a sympathetic smile. "Not the way we feel it. She felt it, but you must know she doesn't feel pain like we do. Physical, at least." Her words didn't seem to help Diego's state of mind, but she couldn't change that. She told him the truth, and that's all she could do at this point.
     "You two done yet?" Luther spoke up. He had walked closer to them, only Kiara and Diego hadn't really noticed. 
     "Yeah," Diego said while turning to his brother. "Let's get going." 
     "Where are you going?" Kiara asked, curiosity taking over. 
     "To find Five. We need to get to him before the two masked people get to him." Luther answered as if it was the most normal thing in the world and Kiara was stupid for even asking them. 
     "Wait, what? Those two are after Five?" Kiara asked, now also confused and a little alarmed.
     "Yeah." Diego answered, realizing no one had told Kiara.
      "How the fuck do you even know that?" The woman asked her two adopted brothers while they started to make their way down the stairs, Kiara following. 
     "Because," Diego started, "Allison and I fought the pink one and she said they only wanted the boy." 
     Kiara nodded her head, indicating that she understood even though she was walking behind her brothers as they reached the ground floor so they weren't able to see her do it. "Okay, lets find him. I'll get my motor." 
     After hearing those words, the two Hargreeves brothers stopped in their tracks and turned around, facing their adopted sister. "You're not coming." Diego said what both of the brothers were thinking.
     Kiara scoffed, placing one hand on her hip. "why not?"
     "Because you have a concussion. You need to rest." Luther started.
     "And no way that you're driving anything." Diego finished. 
     "Don't be ridiculous." Kiara said. "I can drive. I'm fine. So com'n and let's find that thirteen year old son of a b-" Kiara got cut of mid sentence when Diego grabbed a broken candle that lay in front of his feet, saying 'catch' to Kiara before trowing it at her. Kiara tried to do so, but before she could, the cold wax had already hit her in the face. 
     "Your reflexes are useless. You're not driving." He told her, making clear that there wasn't any room for discussion. This earned him another sigh and an eye roll from his blue haired sister.
     "Fine! But I sit shotgun." 
     This made Luther roll his eyes. "You're not coming." He repeated Diego's words, but Kiara waved his command away.
     "Yes I am. You won't stop me, big boy. Now come on, we need to find Five and after we find him, we also have to find Klaus." This made her two brothers look questioning at her. 
     "Find Klaus? What do you mean?" Diego asked. 
     "I mean, that he's missing too." 
     "How do you know that?" This time it was Luther who asked the question. 
     "Because I haven't seen him since we voted on what to do with mom. Diego, you said he wasn't here last night, but his clothes are scattered through his room and his shoes are still there as well." 
     Diego shook his head, showing he disagreed with her words. "It wouldn't be the first time he's walking around in his underwear. Stop worrying so much and focus on the real issue here." 
     "This is a real issue." Kiara bit at her brother, clenching her fist out of frustration. "We just got attacked by lunatics who are after Five. You really think that Klaus disappearing has nothing to do with it?" Before Diego could spit something back at her, Luther came in between. 
     "Enough. Let's just go find Five and afterwards we will look for Klaus. Okay?" Kiara and Diego glared at each other for a moment, before they both gave in and mumbled something in agreement. "Great. Now let's go. And Kiara, I'm sitting shotgun."