☂️Chapter 26☂️

A/N: It's been a while... I know. But here is the next chapter!
It's a bit shorter than the others, but still. 

I wanted to apologize for the lack of updates lately, there are a lot of things changing in my life right now which are taking a lot of time and energy. But I'll try to update more frequent from now on! 

~Purple Dragon (10/11/19)

《•••☆•••》

That morning the chirping of a single bird woke Kiara from her sleep. Normally the morning birds did't botter her, but this time it was different. The bird's singing was louder that usual, which made the woman open her eyes so she would be able to see where the sound came from. Only the moment Kiara's vision focused she got distracted by the sleeping person in front of her. 
     Klaus was facing her, eyes still closed and breathing soft and frequent. Apparently the loud chirping of the bird wasn't bothering him. Memories from the night before rushed through Kiara's mind, making an adoring smile appear on her lips. True, she realized that being with him was going to be difficult, but at that moment she also realized that she loved him. And no matter what would happen, she would do her best to stick by his side. 
     The blue haired woman scooted a little closer to Klaus, making sure her blanket covered her shoulders as well. She scanned his face, he held a peaceful expression considering everything that had happened to him. Kiara thought he would be sleeping restless, toss and turn due to nightmares or flashbacks. But the woman could only feel positive vibes coming off of him. 
     Klaus stirred in his sleep, causing some strands of hair to fall over his face. Not thinking about it, Kiara tried to move the stray hairs back in place, but Klaus stirred again and this time, he opened his eyes. Kiara didn't retract her hand, instead, she led her gloved hand stroke the man's cheek. "Good morning." Only now using  her voice for the first time made her realize how crocked her morning voice was. 
     The moment Klaus realized where he was and with whom, a burst of excitement went through him. "Mornin'," Klaus hummed in his sleep-drunk voice and the biggest grin. 
     "How you feeling?" Kiara asked. The question was more out of politeness, because Kiara had felt the excitement the man was experiencing. 
     Klaus pushed himself up on his elbow, ready to answer, but the moment his eyes had flickered through the room the smile on his lips disappeared. He swallowed nervously before opening his mouth again. "Bird."
     Kiara chuckled again, "yeah, they're loud this morning-"
     "No, no Kiki. Bird, over there." There was distress in Number Four's voice. Kiara frowned as she pushed herself up and looked behind her. The woman's blue eyes widened. She was surprised and a bit startled to see an actual bird standing on her desk. It was an Song Thrush. The little brown creature was hopping around on he table, singing it's song while carelessly knocking over everything in it's way. 
     "How the hell..." Kiara started, but cut herself off when she realized her window was still wide open from the night before. Not taking the time to make up a plan, Kiara pushed the blankets away and got up. Her room was colder than she had anticipated and shivered. the woman slowly walked up to her desk, but the Song Thrush saw this move coming from miles away. The animal flew away from her before she could get anywhere near it and landed on top of her closet. 
     "Could you, ya know, help out?" Kiara asked her best friend, who had been watching in amusement. 
     The task turned out to be way harder than the two had thought, but after a lot of running, knocking over furniture and tripping over each other, they got the bird to fly back out through the window. Immediately Kiara smashed her window close, slightly panting before she and Klaus bursted out laughing. 
     Klaus stopped laughing way before Kiara did. She didn't pay a lot of attention to him, because if she had, she would have seen the smile on his face and she wouldn't have been so surprised when he slipped one of his arms around her waist. Kiara's laughter died down now she locked eyes with the man in front of her. "You know..." Klaus started, letting his free hand go through her hair. "Despite all of the shaking and the sweating and the puking- I really enjoyed last night."
     "How romantic." Kiara said while rolling her eyes at him, but he still noticed the ghost of the smile she tried to hide.  
     "Since when do you care about romance?" The man asked in a low mumble. He was inching in to Kiara, his big grin still on his face as his eyes flickered from her eyes to her lips. 
     "I don't." Kiara whispered only seconds before Klaus kissed her. 

A pretty accurate description of what that morning could have looked like. In some other time lines the two may have found themselves in the middle of the jungle of South Africa, dragging a cursed mummy with them that they had dug up only days before in Egypt. Hoping that they could use the old Emperor as a weapon in the war against the Vampire Ninja's. Only for the Mummy to wake up way too early during an surprise attack from said Vampire Ninja's, creating a bloody and painful fight that would end in a mass slaughter after their adopted brothers Luther and Diego showed up. But I'm sad to say that it didn't went down like this; or at least not for the versions of Klaus and Kiara I am writing about. Because for them, this morning never came, nor did the one where they had to chase that Song Thrush out of Kiara's bedroom. Why not? Because their other adopted brother- Number Five- had other plans. 
     For you see, after their last encounter with the assassins Hazel and Cha-Cha, Number Five got picked up by a woman known as "The Handler." This woman was the leader of the agency that restores the time line, or in this case, does everything in it's power to make sure history happens as it's supposed to happen.  
    After having worked for them for many years, Number Five broke his contract and went back in time in order to save the world and prevent the apocalypse. But now he had become an even bigger legend and, let's be honest, a big threat for the agency they had decided to offer him a better job. Instead of doing field work he would be working at a desk, figuring out who to kill, in which time line, why and how. Seeing his opportunity, Five took the job and after an entire day of the Handler showing him around and trying to get him to fit it, Five set his plan in motion. First, he send two messages to two of the time agents. The very same as the ones that had been terrorizing him and his family. Telling Hazel and Cha-Cha to eliminate each other. 
     While those two were busy with their inner conflicts, Five stole some more things from the Commission, including a grenade from the Vietnam war, a briefcase they use to travel through time and space and he intervened the message for Hazel and Cha-Cha. The message telling them who to protect in order to cause the end of the world as we know it. 
    With the information he needed, the assassins preoccupied and an quick escape, Number Five set off the grenade inside the storage room for the briefcases (Probably killing and wounding a lot of people whom work for the Commission, including the dreaded Handler) and traveled back in time. Back to the start of the day, back to the moment the Hargreeves siblings were sitting around the living room discussing what to do. 
    He didn't know this yet, but Number Five had just set a new course for the future. One that was very different from the one before, and way worse.