☂Chapter 5☂

~only press play when I say so please XD~

《•••The Past•••》

It was a beautiful day, the sun was shining in the bright blue sky, the smell of dew still in the air. The birds were singing while children were playing out on the streets. Unfortunately for the eight children on the Umbrella Academy, they weren't aloud to enjoy this beautiful morning.

     After their joined breakfast, the eight got excused to have some time for themselves before the training would start. Kiara was lying on her bed, staring at the big black spot on the ceiling. Even though the accident had been a long time ago, it was still there. Grace had sewed her some new curtains for her room, which were softly moving in the wind that entered the room through the open window. Kiara had closed her eyes, listening to the sounds around her. The thing that stood out most, of course, was the violin from Vanya, who also was in Kiara's room, showing her sister her progress. It was a peaceful moment for the two girls, until the loud sound of an alarm startled both of them. Vanya stopped playing while Kiara jumped up from her bed.
     "What's that?" Vanya yelled at her sister in an effort to get over the noise of the siren.
     "I don't know!" Kiara answered. "Let's find out!" She said as she pulled her sister with her to the door to exit her room. As Kiara pulled her door open, she first looked left and right, making sure there was nothing dangerous going on in the house. There was a dull flash of light, and the next moment Five was standing in front of the girls.
     "What is going on?" He asked the two, also raising his voice. Only the two girls shook their heads. 
     "Let's find the others!" Kiara yelled as she also took Five's wrist in her hand and pulled him and Vanya with her to the big stairs where they got joined by Allison and Luther. The two looked like they were panicking, hinting of Kiara that they also didn't know what was going on.
     "Dad!" Luther called out as he was the first to run down the stairs, followed by the other five children. Kiara had let go of Five, who made small jumps in space to get down faster. Only Kiara hadn't let go of Vanya, she didn't know what was going on, but if it was bad she had already decided that she would protect her sister with all she had.
    The closer the group came to the main living room, the noise of the alarm seemed to get louder and louder. While running through the hallway, they got joined by Ben, Diego and Klaus, who all seemed just as confused and scared as the other children.
     "Children!" The loud voice of their adoptive father boomed over the alarm the moment he saw the eight running at him. "This alarm will from now on indicate that there is a mission you need to attend to." The siblings had stopped running and stared at sir Reginald with big, questioning eyes. "For this moment, there is a bank robbery in progress at the Capital West bank. Armed man have infiltrated the bank, keeping multiple hostages. You will go inside, stop the thieves and save the hostages. Meanwhile, I will be supervising from a nearby building. Now, go put on your masks and follow me." After exchanging some quick looks, seven of the eight ran off to their rooms to grab their masks, while Vanya still stood in front of her father, fidgeting with the hem of her skirt.
     "What about me father?" She asked with a small voice. Sir Reginald cast his eyes down, not even bothering to bend his head down for the little girl.
     "You will stay with me, number Seven. We can't risk you standing in your siblings' way on their first official mission."

Within thirty minutes the group of six children were standing behind the bank, left there by their guardian which now was off to find the best way to observe them. "So, everybody knows the plan?" Luther repeated, earning an eye roll from Diego while the others just nod their heads or mumbled in agreement. "Okay, let's do this." And with those words, Five took Allison and Diego by their arms, teleporting inside. At the same time, Luther said something to the other three, before climbing to the roof of the building.
     Kiara wasn't paying attention, she had walked off to the far corner of the building. Staring at the commotion in front of the bank, careful not to be seen by the people or all the camera's by hiding behind the wall. She was nervous, scared she would make a mistake, something she couldn't take back. Especially with her powers still so unpredictable.
     A hand on Kiara's shoulder startled her and as first reaction she turned around, grabbing their hand, twisting their fingers backwards and pinning them to the wall, arm pressed against their throat.
     "On edge I see?" Five asked her with a smirk. Kiara sighed, relaxing the moment she recognized her friend.
     "Sorry." Five's smirk turned into a more, sympathetic smile as he careful took her hands in his.
     "It's gonna be fine, you'll do great."  Kiara forced a smile, "let's go, we can't let those idiots alone for too long." Five continued, making the fake smile on Kiara's face turn into a real one.
     "Yeah, before they end up burning down the bank with everyone still in it." Five chuckled, pulling Kiara a little closer so he was holding her better.
     "Let's go inside." With those words, Five teleported them into the bank.