☂️Chapter 13☂️

《•••The Past•••》

"Get out of the way!" Kiara yelled at Five, just before she ran toward the edge and jumped. Five looked up, saw his sister was about to land on him and teleported away. Unfortunately for Diego, Klaus and Allison, they couldn't get away in time. Which resulted in them getting splashed in the face.
     "Kiara!" Allison wined as the cold water soaked her hair. But Kiara only laughed, just like Five, Klaus, Ben and Luther. Who were close enough to see, but far enough away to not get hit by the water.
     The eight Hargreeves children weren't on a mission. And for once, they also weren't training. Because this was one of the rare occasions, where their adopted father went away for a few days and left them in the care of their mother and Pogo. It had taken some time and a lot of effort, but the children had convinced the two to take them to the local pool.
     The pool was outside and existed of three baths with a big gate around it. It was a public place, so the children weren't the only ones there, but they didn't care. They were too busy having fun.
     It was in the middle of the summer, so the hot sun was warming up the water of the cold baths. The first bath was not very big and shallow, it was made for the smaller children. The second one was the biggest one, it started at one side, where it was shallow enough that the children could stand, but the more you went to the other end, how deeper it became. The third bath, was less big than the second one, but just as deep. It had a slide and a diving board standing beside it.
     The children were mostly gathered at the shallow end of the second bath. Even though the sun was trying it's best, the water was still very cold. "Don't be like that, sis, I just helped your body get used to the water." Kiara said with the sweetest voice she could manage. But before Allison got to answer, Kiara got tackled from behind. The sudden weight that collapsed with her back made her fall face first into the water. Resulting in her getting some of it in her throat. As quick as she could, Kiara struggled to get at the surface. The moment she got there, she clasped to the side and started coughing. Now she could see it had been Five who tackled her. All of her siblings were laughing, and Kiara tried to hide her own laughter as well.
     "You're so dead!" She exclaimed before launching herself at him. Five saw it coming, and quickly teleported away, appearing behind the girl. "Five!" Kiara whined, before jumping at him again. But of course, Five just teleported away. "Stop that and let me get my revenge!"
     Five only laughed at his adopted sister, "you'll need to catch me first!"
     After several attempts, Kiara still hadn't got a hold on Five. The water was slowing her down and Five could just make a spacial jump away whenever he wanted to. So Kiara had decided to change her tactics. "Ugh!" She growled when Five escaped her again. "You win! I give up!" She whined.
     "Aaw! Com'n Dolores! You're getting closer. Should I slow down for you?"
     Kiara groaned again, "no! I give up. You win, now shut up." As Kiara said that, she climbed out of the pool and made her way to Grace, who was sitting on the grass with Vanya. "Hey mom, hey Vee." Kiara greeted them while she started to search her bag for her marker.
     "Hello, sweetheart, are you having fun?"
     Kiara nodded, "I am." At that point she found her marker and pulled off the lit. "Why aren't you playing with us, Vanya?" She asked her sister while trying to draw something on her arm.
     "I don't think they want me to join..." she mumbled without looking up from the ground.
     "That's not true, I want you to." Kiara said, just before groaning again, the marker wasn't working on her wet skin. "Mom, do you have a permanent marker?"
     Grace looked at her daughter with her signature big smile. "Yes, I do." She said while taking a black, permanent marker out of her own bag and handing it to Kiara. "But I'll have to remind you that your father doesn't want you drawing on your skin with that."
     Kiara nodded, "I know, mom, thanks." Ignoring her mother's words, Kiara started to draw a circle on her arm. 
     "What are you making?" Vanya asked her sister while looking at her skin.
     "A bubble," Kiara answered while she finished the drawing. And indeed, there was a bubble on her arm. Quickly Kiara tried her new powers and made little bells appear before they floated away in the wind. "Come Vanya, let's join the others!" Kiara said with excitement as she took her adopted sister by the arm and pulled her with her.
     "Hey Five!" Kiara called her brother, who had been doing something with Klaus.
     "What?" He called back, just before Kiara stretched out her hand to him. She concentrated on the drawing on her wrist, thinking of what she wanted to happen, and it did. A big bubble formed around her sibling and lifted him into the air. The smile on Five's face disappeared and made place for a slight panic.
     "Got ya!" Kiara said with a bright smile on her face. Only Five didn't seem amused as the bubble kept going higher.
     "Let me out!" Five demanded from Kiara, who just laughed.
     "What did you say?" She asked innocently.
     "You heard me! Let me out of this thing!"
     Kiara laughed again, placing her hand behind her ear, "what?"
     "Okay, okay! You win! Now, please, Kiara, let me out!" A satisfied smirk came on the young girl's lips.
     "Ow! Of course! If that's what you want." Kiara made the bubble pop, resulting in Five, falling back into the water. Once he got back to the surface, the other siblings- including Vanya- were laughing.
     "You know-" Klaus started, between laughs. "You could've- you could've just teleported."
     Five growled, pushing Klaus so he fell into the water. "Shut up." He mumbled.
     The rest of the day, the children were playing and goofing around in the water. Diego, who could stay underwater as long as he wanted due to his powers to hold his breath, sometimes would pull someone down by their ankles when they least expected it. Luther had started to use the diving board, while Allison was talking to some girls she met. Five and Vanya were talking and playing together for some time while Kiara, Klaus and Ben were messing around with the bubbles Kiara created. Unfortunately for the eight children, the day was coming to an end and they had to go back home.
     That also was the moment when Kiara realized she had made a mistake by using permanent marker.