☂️Chapter 9☂️

《•••The Past•••》

If you ever had a tattoo done, you know it's not the most pleasant feeling. The small needles repeatedly puncturing your skin, leaving almost minuscule drops of inc inside of you. Going on for hours without a real break until your skin feels sour.  And that's just getting the tattoo itself, there also is the entire process of picking out the right artist and design. The price and payment must be taken care of, the worst part if you'd ask me. After all of that, there will be a painful spot on your skin, depending on the size of the tattoo, it'll feel like a big, medium or small graze. The skin around it will be hot and red, not to mention the unbelievable itch that you're not aloud to scratch at. Every day you'll need to clean it, wash it two times a day with special soap and put on some salve afterwards. Besides the cleaning, you aren't aloud to let the freshly places tattoo get in the sun for too long, you're not aloud to wear skin tight clothes over it, or led sand get on it, or lie on it or go swimming or do anything what could damage the ink or skin. Now, if you went through this entire process, and experienced all of these inconveniences, you'll hopefully have the tattoo you wanted and everything would've been worth it. But there is always the chance that you didn't get what you wanted and you'll be stuck with an awful picture on your body for the rest of your life that's only going to remind you of the big mistake you made. And of course, that was exactly what Number Eight was going through right now.

     Kiara was still sitting in the big, leather chair she had been strapped to for the past four hours. Not anymore though. The straps had been removed after the tattoo artist, a big, dark skinned man named Otto, had finished drawing the last line into the palm of her hand. Of course these two tattoos weren't Kiara's first tattoos. She already had the black Umbrella Academy logo done on her wrist, just like her other siblings. But the skin on her wrist, wasn't half as sensitive as the skin on the palms of her hands.
     At the start, Kiara had been struggling, pulling on the restrains, balling her hands into fist and squeezing them shut as tight as possible to keep the bald man from tattooing her palms. Of course this didn't last long, since her adoptive father had her sister, Number Three, use her powers on her so she would co-operate. Now it was over, Kiara got her own will back, but the only thing she could do was stare at the palms of her hands, where one eye on each hand was staring right back at her. The lifeless pictures looked very realistic and just like the ones Kiara had drawn on her palms herself a week ago, the irises had a dull grey color. The young girl wasn't aloud to close her hands, nor touch anything with them for the rest of the day. Tears had been filling her eyes from the moment her sister's rumor had worn off. She wasn't just crying because of the burning pain in her hands, but also out of anger and frustration. She didn't want this, she had pleaded and begged her father not to make her, but to no avail. After Otto was done and the restrains were removed, Sir Reginald left the room to take care of the payment, leaving the two children behind.
     A few sniffles were heard from the girl, a few tears streaming down her cheeks. Klaus, who had been aloud to stay with them as long as he kept quiet, had his hands on her shoulders, squeezing slightly. "It hurts..." Kiara said between sniffs.
     Klaus rubbed his hands over her shoulders in an attempt to comfort her, his voice soft and reassuring. "I know, but it's gonna be fine."
     Kiara shook her head furiously, "what if it doesn't? What if I can't control it? Like t- t- the umbrellas appearing randomly? A- after the lo- logo?" Klaus moved from beside her, kneeling down in front of the girl who still was staring at her hands.
     "Kiki, stop worrying so much, you'll know how to handle it eventually. You always find a way."
     Again, Kiara shook her head, tears still streaming down her face. "I look hideous...." She tried to close her hands, not really thinking about it at the moment, but immediately she winced from the pain and opened her hands again. Of course Klaus noticed this, he placed his hands on her wrists, not wanting to hurt her by touching the tattoos.
     "Kiara, look at me," he started. Kiara looked up for the first time in the past hour, meeting her friend's eyes. "You do not look hideous," Klaus stated, his voice was firm, but still sweet. "Never, ever, think that again. Ever. Okay?" Kiara glanced down, tears still in her eyes but she eventually nodded weakly. Klaus smiled at her with one corner of his mouth, "besides, I think it looks really cool."
     A scoff came from Kiara before she reacted, "yeah, sure." 
    "No no, really!" Klaus said, softly rubbing his thumbs over her wrists, looking down at her palms. "I think it looks pretty bad-ass."
     A smirk came on his face, which made Kiara look away for a second. "You're lying..." she mumbled.
     "I'm not! Really I-" Klaus moved his hands, lightly touching the tips of her fingers. The next moment, the eyes on Kiara's hands lid up in a bright, red color. At the same time, Kiara shot up straight, her own eyes also lighting up with the same red color. Klaus froze as well, startled by what was happening in front of him.