☂Chapter 4☂

《•••The Past•••》

"Klaus!" The man jumped up, forgetting he was in a cupboard and banging his head at the top. Knocking over the pile of books, a cup with pencils and a statue of a manticore. "I can't believe this! Again?" Kiara bit at her brother, who turned around, rubbing the top of his head.
     "Actually, yes. I can believe this. Because you do this. Every. Fucking. Time!"
     Klaus walked over to her, a guilty expression on his face. "No, no, no, no, no. Kiki, I'm not-"
     "Don't you dare! I'm done with your excuses! You can't just keep on coming to my home and steeling my money! And jewelry! Or anything you think has value to get yourself drugs! I've had enough!" Kiara yelled at him, Klaus eyes grew wide, not being used to the blue haired woman yelling at him like that. Besides, he hadn't expect her to be back this soon.
     Kiara took a deep breath, calming down a little. "Leave," she mumbled with closed eyes.
     "What?" Klaus said in disbelieve.
     "Leave my house," Kiara stated, opening her eyes, her voice determined.
     "No, no, Kiara. Please don't throw me out," Klaus walked up to his friend, a careful voice as he lay his hands on her upper arms. "I promis, I won't-"
     Kiara scoffed, rolling her eyes. "You promise? Like you promised last week? Or the week before that? Or all those other times? No, Klaus. I'm done with your empty fucking promises." She finished her sentence while pulling Klaus with her to the door.
     "Auch! Careful!" Klaus said as he stumbled after Eight, only stopping when she pulled the door open. "Kiara I-" Kiara didn't listen she just pushed him out of the door. "Look, I know you probably already got some shit from my cabinet. Just keep it, sell it, drink it, smoke it. Whatever the fuck you want. Just stay away from me."
     "B- but I don't want to stay away from you."
     Kiara shook her head, "Klaus, you're family and I love you. But I can't do this anymore. I can't have you in my house, knowing that you'll just rob me the first chance you get. So, the next time I see you anywhere near my apartment or even this building, you beter be clean. And not because the hospital send you to the re-hab center again. Understood?"
     Klaus looked down for a moment, before mumbling okay. The woman nodded her head, trying to close the door, but Klaus kept it open with his hand.
     "What?" She asked him through a half closed door.
     "Wait for me." Kiara didn't understand what he ment, but she was used to her brother's nonsense and chose to ignore it.
     "Goodbye Klaus," she said, eyes down, not able to look at him since tears started to fill them, as she closed the door in his face.

     "You're such an idiot!" Ben bit at his brother after Kiara had closed the door.
     "Yeah, well tell me something new."
     Ben ignored his brother's words, "I told you to stop. I told you, she hated that you take her stuff and that you were pushing her limits, but of course you didn't listen! And now you pushed away the last person who tolerated your, asshole behavior. Well done." Ben started to slow clap, before continuing. "You understand you got me as well with this, right? She doesn't want to see you, I can't talk with her, because YOU are the damn translator!"
     Klaus groaned, "could you do me a favor, Ben, and just shut that annoying, but adorable, little pie hole of yours for ONE second?" The frustration and hurt Klaus was feeling starting to sound through.
     "You know what I find funny, Klaus?" Ben continued, "you keep saying how you love her more then anything and how you 'one day will be together', but you never tell her. You never let her see it. You just show up, steel her shit and run off again."
     Klaus shook his head, the words of his dead, adoptive brother sinking in. "I need a drink," he said as he turned around, ready to walk away from the door; only Ben stood in front of him.
     "Put it down. In front of the door. Leave it."
     Klaus sighed heavily, lazily trowing his arms up, "she told me I could have it!"
     Ben glared at him, "if you want to have even the slightest chance she'll, ever, forgive you. You leave it behind." And again, Klaus sighed, grabbing inside of the inside pocket of his coat and pulling out a black jewelry box that was decorated with silver. He lay the box in front of her door.
     "Happy now?" He asked Ben, who shook his head.
     "Ring the bell. She won't find it if you don't."
     Klaus rolled his eyes, turned around, but tripped and fell. Breaking his fall with his hand, which slept against the doorbell, ringing it in the process. Turning around again, he shot Ben a look before walking away. "That was intended."
     Ben scoffed before walking after his brother, "no it wasn't."