☂️Chapter 25☂️

Kiara woke up lying on the cold stone floor of the bathroom. Her back still against the heather. Stretching her muscles she noticed how stiff she had become from sleeping on the ground and immediately regretted it. Half of her hair was still damp from the shower while the other half, the half that had been pressed against the heating system, had become warm and dry. Not feeling like fixing it, she put her hair in a messy bun and pulled on an oversized T-shirt to cover her chest. 
     Careful and as quiet as possible, Kiara went from the bathroom to her own room to check up on Klaus.
     Her best friend was still tied down to  her bed, but asleep this time. His body seemed to have stopped shaking as much and the two bottles of water she had given him before she went to take a shower were empty. Dreading what she would see if she looked into the bin beside her bed she tried to avoid it, but the smell that filled the room wasn't something she could ignore. A quick glance down was enough for her to know Klaus had emptied his stomach multiple times and not just through his mouth. With disgust she took the bin to the bathroom and disposed of it's content through the toilet. Rinsing out the garbage can with water and soap multiple times before she put it back from where she took it in the first place. After refilling the two bottles with water the young woman sat down on her bed beside Klaus.
     An adoring smile grew on Kiara's lips seeing her friend in what seemed like a peaceful sleep. The man had taken off his shirt, probably to get rid of the heat. His hair was pointing in every possible direction while some strands stuck to his head and neck. The dog-tags still hung around his neck, one hand clenched around them.
     Kiara didn't want to wake him up, but she knew she had to. Gently she stroked some hair away from Klaus's eyes. "Klausy? Wake up, hon." Number Four stirred at Kiara's touch and slowly opened his eyes. "Hey there," Kiara said with a smile when Klaus's eyes met hers. He seemed disoriented for a few moments, but then a smile also appeared on his lips.
     "Hey, Sweetie... what time is it?"
     "Time to drink some water." The blue haired woman responded while she helped Klaus sit up against the headboard. The man was grateful for the water, but was barely able to drink it. Kiara laughed seeing her friend struggle with the ropes and the bottle, but decided to help him anyway. The woman took the bottle from him and held it to his lips, letting him drink a few gulps at the time.
     "How you feeling?" Kiara asked.
     "Can't you tell?" Klaus answered with a big grin.
     "I ment physically." Kiara answered with a small glare.
     Klaus shrugged, "I've felt worse..." after a short pause he continued. "Need to use the bucket though."
     "Want to use the toilet instead?" Kiara offered, on which Klaus responded with a small nod of the head. 
     Kiara untied the dark blue ropes that had held Klaus tied to the bed. Once he was free he stretched his acing body and rubbed his wrists to activate the blood flow. At first, Klaus tried to walk by himself, but it seemed that the detoxing had taken a bigger toll on him than he had expected. The man was stumbling on his feet while he tried to walk a straight line to the bathroom. Kiara realized he probably wasn't going to make it without some extra help, so she let him lean on her while they walked to the other side of the hall. 
     It didn't take long before they were back in Kiara's room. Klaus had thrown some water in his face in the hope it would clear his mind a little, it had no effect. What did help though, was the troubled look he saw on Kiara's face when he left the bathroom. It was there for only a split second; she hid it again the moment she noticed Klaus had come out of the door. 
     "Are you okay?" he asked when he was - again - sitting on his adopted sister's bed. 
     Kiara hadn't expected him to ask her that, but didn't doubt a second before she shot him a smile. "I'm fine."
     Klaus frowned. He knew she was lying, he had seen the look she had when she thought he wasn't looking. But he also knew she would dismiss it if he brought it up, say she was just tiered or something similar. When his eyes fell on Ben, who had followed them the entire time, he realized he could try a different approach, one Kiara hopefully couldn't ignore.
     "Ben told me you were crying in the bathroom... You wanne talk about it?"
     The woman stopped in her tracks, then she answered without looking at Klaus. "Rather not."
     "It's okay if you feel like crying, you know. I'm here for you." 
     Kiara didn't move, letting Klaus's words sink in. But then she made a new fake smile appear on her face and continued. "I know you are, but I'm done crying over that asshole. Besides, I'm here for you right now, not the other way around." 
     "You're always there for me," Klaus mumbled, taking another sip of the water bottle that lay on the nightstand, letting the cold liquid slide down his throat. 
     "That's not true," Kiara answered while she went to open up the window and let in some fresh air. "I wasn't always there when we were kids; or after I left the Academy; I couldn't do anything when you got send to jail and I literally banished you from comin' to my house last year." 
     "Yeah, but-" 
     "Ow! And I wasn't there when you got kidnapped a few days ago or when you were fighting in the Vietnam War for ten months." 
     Klaus groaned and took a hold on Kiara's wrist when she walked by. His grip was weak, but it did get Kiara to stop and look at him. "You tried. More than anyone ever did for me." Kiara's fake smile turned into a real one as Klaus continued and she sat down beside him. "I'm not the easiest person to be around, I know that. But you try anyway. You broke dad's rules for me; you took me in multiple times; You even got me a lawyer- sure it didn't work out- but still!" Klaus paused for a moment, needing to think about his next words. 
     "Kiki, you are by far the most thoughtful and generous and beautiful person I know. You're selling yourself short."
    Kiara scoffed. "That's very sweet, Klaus. But you're exaggerating. I'm not- all that; and you don't need to make those things up to try and make me feel better." 
     Klaus re-positioned himself so he could face her fully. "No- no really. Kiara, I mean what I said. You are one of the most amazing, beautiful human beings I know. And that says a lot 'cuz I've met a lot, and I mean a lot, a lot, of people. And non of them come even close to you." 
     Another scoff escaped Kiara's mouth, "thanks."
     "I mean it! I really think-" 
     "I know," She interrupted him. Her voice kinder than it was before. "I didn't mean to sound sarcastic. I know you mean it, Klaus. You're sober- well, sober enough. I can tell how you feel."
     Immediately, Klaus's mood changed. He leaned back a little, a nervous laugh sounded from his lips. "You- uh... you can? I- I- I mean, you can't, tell everything I'm feeling, right?" He ended his sentence with another nervous chuckle before he swallowed hard. Kiara frowned, also chuckling a little herself.
     "Of course I can. That's how my powers work, you know that." 
     Klaus only got more nervous now. "Of course I do! It's just- uhm..." he trailed off, not knowing if he should speak his mind. But he didn't have to, because Kiara already knew. 
     "Klaus..." she started. "Is this about that tiny-tiny crush you've had on me since we were kids?" Ben laughed at the look of horror that had appeared on Klaus's face. He wasn't able to react with a full sentence, stammering some half words until Kiara chuckled as well. Silencing him once more. 
     "It's okay." The blue haired woman comforted Klaus, laying a hand on his arm. "Nothing to be ashamed of. Besides, at some point, I had a crush on you too. So no big deal."
     "Y- you did? What? When? Why didn't you tell me?" 
     Kiara chuckled again, leaning back against the headboard. "Because you're Klaus. You don't have relationships, you have one night stands. Besides, you're my best friend and- well- my brother-"
     "Adopted."
     "Yeah- but still. It would've been weird..."
     "Why? You didn't think Luther and Ali were weird. Why would it have been weird for us?" There was a hint of desperation in Klaus's voice, only Kiara didn't pick up on it. 
     The woman sighed, breaking eye contact with her best friend. "I don't know... Maybe I was just scared. It's not like we're roll models. We're both pretty fucked up. I somehow convinced myself it wouldn't work out. Maybe I shouldn't have. I mean, I picked the most boring and normal guy I could find and see how that turned out." Klaus didn't know how to react, but before he could process it all, Kiara cleared her throat and changed the subject. "Anyway, the good news is: now you're sober. You can conjure your soulmate." 
     "My what?" Clear confusion was visible on the man's face. 
     "Conjure Dave. That's why you wanted to get sober, right? To see him again. Don't let me stop you-" 
     "Dave and I aren't soulmates- we- we weren't even together." Klaus words made Kiara stop talking. "I cared about him. Yeah, I loved him, in a way, like I love Diego- but never like that." The woman felt relieve go through her body, but that soon got replaced with a mix of shame and regret. 
     "Ow... I'm so sorry. I just- I mean- the way you talked about him... It just sounded like you two were a couple."
     "It's okay." Klaus lay a hand on Kiara's. "He ment a lot to me. The reason that I want to see him is because- well- he saved my life..." Tears made their way to Klaus's eyes as he thought back at those last moments on the battle field. The flashes of light, gun shots, the sounds of helicopters and airplanes before a bomb went off.
     "Dave pushed me away-  then he- he..." Klaus couldn't finish the sentence, it was too hard.
     Kiara didn't need him to finish, she understood what had happened. Instead of pushing him to say it, the woman pulled Klaus into a hug, careful not to squeeze too hard. "I- It should have been me..." Klaus whispered, his voice cracking up. 
     "Don't say that, don't even think it." Kiara whispered back. The jealous feeling she had had towards Dave replaced with gratitude. Of course she would never admit that she had been jealous of him, thinking about him and Klaus together. But now she was more thankful than ever that Dave had saved his life. 
     "He deserved to live..." Klaus crooked out, trying not to choke on his words. Kiara could feel the tons of guilt he was feeling at the thought of his dead friend. 
     "Of course he did. But so do you." She said with a delicate tone. "No one deserves to die like that. Only you shouldn't feel this guilty about it. It was his choice. And I know it's selfish, but you have no idea how happy I am it wasn't you." Klaus didn't respond, instead, he pressed his friend closer to himself.
     It took some time for Klaus to calm down again. Which was reasonable. He really wanted to conjure Dave, but he felt like there was something else he needed to do first. He needed to help his best friend. Even if she didn't want his help, she was going to get it anyway. 
     "Vanya was wrong about you." Klaus broke the comfortable silence, getting Kiara to look at him. "You do care about others. I mean you seriously focused on helping me the entire night instead of focusing on what's going on in your own life. Which is so incredible bad for you."
     Kiara scoffed when she realized what he had said. "Thanks a lot, Klaus. That really helps."
     "No, no. Don't get me wrong. It's so sweet and amazing. But it can't be good for you to always be so busy with how everybody else is feeling, but never with how you yourself are feeling." Kiara didn't response. "So, what about your feelings?" Klaus asked, shoving a little closer to Kiara.
     "What about my feelings?" The woman asked, not understanding what he wanted of her.
     "How are you feeling?"
     "Doesn't matter." Kiara brushed it off, not looking up from the ground.
     "Of course your feelings matter, Kiki! They're just as important as the emotions of everybody else." The blue haired woman didn't react, she just kept staring at the ground. Klaus noticed she wasn't going to react, so he softly bumped into her side, "com'n, Kiara-Nova. You should focus on your feelings for once."
     Kiara looked at Klaus out of the corner of her eye, "what do you mean with that?"
     A soft smile came on Klaus's face, "stop focusing on how your actions influence other people's feelings, but on how they influence you. Focus on what you want to do."
     Now, Kiara re-positioned herself so she was facing Klaus entirely. "You want me to, just do what I want?"
     The man nodded with a big smile, "yes! Follow your instincts, doesn't matter what it is. Just do it! You, deserved it."
     A small smile came on Kiara's lips, "right now?"
     Again, Klaus nodded frantically. "Yes! Do whatever, I won't judge."
     "Even if it involves someone else?" Kiara asked, a little doubt sounding through, but Klaus didn't mind.
     "You're making me very curious now, but yeah, even if it-" Klaus didn't get to finish his sentence, because Kiara had decided to follow his advise. She did what she wanted to do, something she had been wanting to do for years but never had the guts for.
     She kissed Klaus. Klaus was shocked at first, but quickly kissed back, wrapping his arms around her waist to pull her closer. When they broke apart, Klaus couldn't suppress the big smile on his face.
     "Kiss me? That's what you wanted to do? I'm honored."
     Kiara smirked, leaning in again, "that wasn't the only thing I wanted to do, ya know?" Klaus smile also turned into a smirk before placing another quick kiss on Kiara's lips.
     "O really?" He asked teasingly.
     "Mhm," Kiara hummed, indicating that she ment it. To support her statement, the woman placed her hand Klaus's cheek, pulling him into another kiss. Klaus gladly excepted, making the kiss deeper. For a moment, Kiara felled pure bliss, but it disappeared rather quickly and she pulled away, frowning at the man in front of her. 
     "What's wrong?" Klaus asked in a soft voice, thinking he did something to make her stop.
     "You're doubting." The woman stated. "If you don't want to do this that's totally fine. I won't be-"
     "No, no, no, no, don't stop." He started, giving her another quick kiss before continuing. "I want to do this."
     Kiara wasn't convinced. "Then what's wrong?"
     Klaus doubted before answering, sounding a bit more nervous then before. "It's just. I- is this gonna be, like, a- a one time thing, or..?" Kiara, of course, notices his nerves and I would be lying if I said she wasn't nervous as well.
     "Do you want it to be?" She answered his question with another question in a soft, careful voice. Both of them feeling more vulnerable than they ever had with each other. Even though she was almost sure about his answer, she was still scared he would say the opposite.
     After a long silence, Klaus finally answered. Shaking his head almost unnoticeable, before whispering: "No, I don't want us to be like that." Kiara let out a breath of relieve she didn't know she was holding, another smile making it's way to her face.
     "Okay, then we won't be like that."
     His face lit up with one of Klaus's brightest smiles after hearing her say those words. "Really?" He asked, not even trying to hide his excitement.
     Kiara's face also lit up with a bright smile, "of course. I mean, you said I should act on my feelings."
     "Best advise I've ever given." Klaus said before pulling Kiara in another kiss. This one was longer and more passionate as both of them put all of their suppressed feelings from years into it. It didn't take long before the kiss became rougher and more heated. And for now, they didn't think about their siblings, their addictions or the end of the world. Both of them were feeling nothing else but happiness, completely lost in each other.

I don't think you need me to tell you what happened next. Maybe you wanted me to describe what happened as detailed as possible, but I won't do that. For you see, there is already so little privacy in this world, especially with people like me in it, who write down the stories of other people's lives. But this is a moment that I won't share with the world. 
      And no- for all you dirty minded people- they didn't have sex. You really shouldn't do that when you're going through withdraw. That would've been a very stupid thing to do.
     Anyway, what I will share with you about the rest of that night, is that the two ended up falling asleep, the same way they did every time Klaus would crawl into bed with Kiara when they were just kids. Klaus's back was pressed against Kiara's chest while Kiara had her arms wrapped around him, fingers entangled. Curled up against each other, they lay under a thin blanket, sharing their warmth in comfort and for the first time in months. Both completely and utterly, happy.

《•••☆•••》

A/N: This took way too long to write, but here it is! 
The last three chapters were first ment to be one, but this works as well. 

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I would love to hear your thoughts on it

~Purple Dragon (13/10/19)