☂️Chapter 11☂️

《•••The past•••》

The worst part, was the screaming.

Of course this wasn't really the worst part, but Kiara didn't know that. The only thing she knew, was that whatever happened inside the mausoleum, was horrible. Every time their adopted father put Klaus inside that place his screams could be heard even when you stood outside of the building. All of the siblings knew Klaus was terrified of going in there, but he never told anyone about what happened once he had.
     Right now, Kiara was standing in Vanya's room, staring out of her open window. The mausoleum wasn't that far away from the house and she could hear Klaus yell to be let out. "This is horrible..." Kiara muttered, her worried eyes pinned to the stone building. Vanya walked up from behind her, looking at the same spot as her sister.
     "I know, dad should let him out."
     Kiara growled out of frustration. "This is so not fair!" She exclaimed as she kicked against a box that was laying on the ground. "We should do something about it."
     Vanya nodded once, "I know, but there's not much we can do... Dad won't let him out. No matter what we say." Kiara thought about her sister's words, her brows furrowed in concentration until she got an idea.
     "If he won't let him out... we've got to get him out ourselves."
     "How do you want to do that? We don't have the key." Vanya pointed out, but number Eight wasn't bothered by it.
     "I don't need it. I'll just create a hole in the wall." Vanya looked at her sister, confusion written on her face. Kiara sighed, but started to explain. "Remember that time when I tried to open a portal like Five, but ended up falling through the floor? 'cause I somehow made a temporary hole in it?" Vanya nodded, remembering it because Kiara had dropped right in front of her, in the same room they were in now. "I could try to make a temporary hole in the wall of the mausoleum and let him out."
     Vanya frowned, "wouldn't dad notice Klaus is out of the mausu- mouso- mausolio- The grave thing? He can see the building just like we can. And the moment he opens the door to let him out, he'll notice Klaus is gone." Kiara huffed, annoyed because she knew her sister was right. 
     "Yeah, well, I'm still going to do something about it." Without waiting for her sister's reaction she left the room, walking down the stairs with a frown on her face, determined to help her brother, just not yet knowing how exactly. Lost in her thoughts, Kiara didn't notice two of her other brothers until she bumped into Diego.
     "Watch where you're going," he bit at her, but Kiara barely recognized his words as she just walked around them. Exchanging a look, Diego and Five knew they had the same question and followed their adopted sister.
     "Kiara?" Five started, but she didn't react, just continued walking. Diego sighed, grabbing her by her arm, which did get the young girl's attention.
     "What's got you all worked up?" The raven haired boy asked, raising an eyebrow. Kiara didn't have to answer, because one of Klaus's screams was heard through the open back door.
     "I'm getting him out of there," she said determined.
     "Bad idea," Diego said while Five shook his head no.
     Kiara looked at her brothers in disbelieve, "what do you mean, bad idea? Whatever is happening in there, it's torturing him!"
     Five sighed, "dad tortures all of us, in his own way."
     Kiara snapped her head to him, eyes spitting fire. "And that's supposed to, what? Make up for it? Cause it doesn't!" Without even realizing it, Kiara's anger activated her powers which made a black umbrella fall down in front of her. Clattering as it hit the wooden floor, which startled all three of the children.
     "That's not what I'm saying," Five said through his teeth, trying to stay calm.
     "Just leave it." Diego said, making Kiara scoff.
     "So if it were you, you wouldn't want anyone to get you out?"
     "Breaking him out will only make it worse." Number Two stated.
     "The moment dad knows you let him out, he'll put him right back in and do something to you for doing so." Five continued. Their words made Kiara think for a moment.
     "Then I'll just go inside." Her statement earned her eye rolls and sighs from the two boys.
     "Kiki-" Five started, but Kiara interrupted him.
     "No. I'm doing it. I just need your help," she said to Five. "Could you teleport me inside and get me again when Reginald comes to get Klaus?" Five didn't react, considering what his friend asked from him. "Please Five? Just this one time." She pleaded with big eyes. Eventually, Five broke, not able to resist her big, blue orbs.
     "Fine! I'll get you in and out. But only once!"
     A smile grew on Kiara's face, "thank you, Five! You're the best!" As she said that, she hugged him.
     "You two are getting yourself in way too much trouble," Diego said with a roll of his eyes.
     "Only if we get caught," Kiara responded with a smirk. "So don't you dare rat us out!" She quickly added with a threatening look in her eyes.
     Diego just waved it away, "I won't. This time. But you owe me!"
     This time it was Kiara's turn to roll her eyes. "Sure, Diego. Now let's go."