☂Chapter 3☂

《•••The Past•••》

It had been four days since little Kiara had discovered she has powers. Only ever since that moment she hadn't been able to access her powers. The table was still covered in plants. Not because Mr Hargreeves couldn't remove it with the right tools, because he could, it was because the old man wanted Kiara to remove it herself. The table was placed inside Kiara's room, as a motivator. Only it didn't feel like a motivation for the young girl, it felt like the table was there to tease her. To let her know that she didn't have control over her powers.
    That night, Kiara couldn't sleep, she was laying in her bed, staring at the table. When the clock that was standing in the room below hers called two times, to indicate it was two in the morning, number Eight couldn't take it anymore. She got up and turned on the lights of her room. Little did she know, that her adoptive father was looking at her trough camera's he had places all over the house.
     Kiara looked at her hands, the black ink from the doodles had completely disappeared. Sir Reginald had her remove it and forbid her to ever draw on her skin again. The girl placed her hands on the table, feeling the grass and flowers beneath her fingers. She closed her eyes, concentrating on the table, but nothing happened. Kiara took a deep breath, closed her eyes again and concentrated. But, nothing happened. Feeling frustrated, the young girl slammed her fists on the table, unintentionally waking her sibling that slept in the room beside from hers. Number Five opened the door from his room, curious to where the sound had come from. Soon, he noticed the light coming from under the door of Kiara's room and his curiosity grew. Quickly he knocked on her door, which made her lose concentration. Kiara growled, but opened the door slightly to peek through. Recognizing her friend, she opened the door to let him in.
     "What are you doing?" He asked her as she sat back down on her bed.
     "I was trying to fix the table, but I can't do it."
     Five nodded, "if you want I could always send it through a random portal."
     Kiara laughed at his comment, but it didn't last long for she became sad. "I can't do it," she mumbled, "I don't have powers. One of you must've done it without knowing. It wasn't me."
     Five plopped down on the bed beside Eight, "it was pretty clear it was you."
     Kiara crossed her arms, head bowed forwards, "you're wrong." Five sighed, taking one of her hands and squeezed it.
     "I'm not wrong! We all saw your hand thingy light up and then you grew plants from your hand."
     Kiara looked up at her friend, "wait... my hand did what?"
     The young boy crossed his brows, getting confused. "The drawing on your hand, i- it glowed green before the plants grew. Didn't you know?" Kiara shook her head frantically. A moment later she jumped up, grabbing a sharpie from her desk. "What are you doing?" Five asked, but Eight shushed him as she started drawing on her hand. Small black lines taking form on her skin until it was decorated with little flowers, leaves and twirly lines, connecting them. When she was done, she dropped the sharpie back on her desk and admired her work for a moment. "Why did you do that?" The brunette asked Kiara, who just smirked at him, not saying anything. The girl walked back to the table and lay the hand with the doodles on the table. Again, she closed her eyes, this time, she concentrated on the drawing on her hand. On the feeling of the sharpie when it left the inc on her skin. She felt energie move through her, it moved around the drawing, then, trusting her instincts, she opened her eyes, imagining what she wanted the plants to do. This time, she saw the doodle on her hand light up in a bright green color, just as it had done the first time, soon followed by the ivy shrinking, the flowers closed and disappeared inside the table, just like the grass. A few seconds later, all the green was gone and the table was back to normal. Kiara stopped concentrating and the green light disappeared.
     "I did it," she whispered. Turning to her sibling with a big smile on her face, "I did it!" She exclaimed, jumping up and down in excitement, clapping in her hands. Five laughed at Kiara's reaction, proud of his friend of course. He got up and tried to get Kiara to stop jumping up and down, but instead of stopping, she jumped at him, engulfing him in a hug. "Thank you! Thankyouthankyouthankyou!"
     Five laughed, hugging back. "You're welcome! But... For what?" Kiara let go of the hug, smiling at him.
     "For helping me realize what I was doing wrong! It's the drawing, it's boosting my powers somehow." Five looked at Kiara's hand, excitement filling the boys eyes. Just as it had filled the blue eyes of the young girl.
     "That's awesome! How does it work?"
     When Kiara spoke again, she was almost squealing with excitement. "Let's find out!"