☂️Chapter 21☂️

《•••The Present•••》

Klaus and Kiara had been sitting in the same, uncomfortable position on the ground for a while now. Both feeling the irritation in their muscles, yet neither of them felt the need to move. Because sometimes, the only thing you need after a horrible experience is to sit in silence with the right person. 
     Just like many times before, their moment of sitting in silence got disturbed with a knock on the door. The two opened their eyes and looked up to see their adopted brother Number Five was standing there, leaning against the door frame.
     "Allison's on the phone, she wants to speak to you." Five said, looking straight into Kiara's blue eyes to make clear he was talking to her. 
     "That's a first." Kiara mumbled while she pushed herself up from the ground, using the bed behind her for support. She felt the protest of her sour muscles while she stretching her arms, legs and back. "You guys be good while I'm gone," the woman hummed as she left the room and made her way to the only phone in the entire mansion. The handset, which was connected to the rest of the phone by a curled line, was resting on top of the device. Leaving it off hook. Kiara picked up the handset and held it to her head. "Allison? You there?"
     There was a rustling sound coming from the other side before her sister's voice sounded through the device. "Kiara?"
     "Yep, I'm here. Five told me you wanted to talk about something?"
      "Yes. Remember when I told you about Vanya's friend? Leonard?" 
     "I... I still don't know who he is. I haven't really had the time to talk with Vanya the past couple of days." The guilt Kiara felt for not checking in on her sister and friend more was clear in her voice. 
     "I know, but I have. We talked about him a little and Vanya seems to really like him, but I still get this really bad feeling about him. Last time, I ran into him, inside Vanya's apartment. He claimed to only be returning her key she left at his home, but when Vanya and I got to her house he had left her this judge bouquet of flowers-"
     Kiara laughed, unintentionally interrupting her adopted sister. "Al, it sounds like it that this guy has a big crush on our sister."
     "I know," Allison sounded a little frustrated. "But they've known each other for only a few days. And today, I decided to look him up at the library, just to be sure, but the only things I found were his address in the phone book and an old collage picture in a paper. Isn't that weird?"
     "Let me get this straight." Kiara stated after a short silence. "Vee met a guy, who likes her for who she is. He buys her flowers and all that lovey-dovey bullshit. And the first thing you do is spying on him in the library? My God, Allison, Vanya is gonna be pissed when she hears that." 
     "You're not listening to me." The woman's frustration was getting worse. "There is something seriously wrong with this guy. I don't know what it is, but I just know." 
     Kiara sighed, "okay, let's say there is something wrong with this Leonard guy, what do you want me to do 'bout it?" 
     "Talk to Vanya about him and see for yourself. She doesn't want to listen to me, maybe she'll listen to you." 
     The blue haired woman thought about it, she would be lying if she said she wasn't interested in her sister's new friend. And of course she was a little worried due to Allison's reaction on him. But she also wanted to stay near Klaus, knowing he shouldn't be left alone for a longer period of time. Not in the state he was in right now. "I don't know, Al... I just-" 
     "Kiara please. I'm going to meet Vanya in a few minutes. Just come with me." 
     With a deep sigh, Kiara gave in. "Okay, I'll come with you this time."
     "Great!" The brunette's voice was filled with a new found relieve. "Meet me in front of her apartment building in one hour."
     "I'll be there." With those last words, Kiara hung up the phone. She didn't really know what she was supposed to do about Vanya's new friend. From what she had heard from Allison, he didn't sound like a bad guy, but then again, most people can sound perfect until they show you their real intentions.