Chapter Ninety Two

"Have you ever fallen in love at first sight?" She asked and he smiled then looked at the floor.

"I think I have"

"I suppose it was with the late Empress" She said, he awkwardly laughed and kept simply quiet. She had no idea how his last marriage went and how miserable he really was.

"By the way, you lost this earlier" He said as he pulled out her diamond earring out of his jacket's pocket.

"Can you put it on for me?" She shyly asked catching him off guard, his eyes twinkled and he nodded his head.

His hands trembled as he walked over to her and sitting next to her on the bed, he swept her hair to one side and tried putting the earring in her ear.

 She could feel his cold fingertips brush against the skin of her neck sending shivers down her spine. One thing she knew for sure is that his touch evoked a strange feeling within her , electricity run throught her and she just knew that this was the beginning of a feeling she dreaded most at this moment.

"When you pointed the gun and told him to let go of me, you were so cool" Ji Eun said and giggled, the Emperor looked at the side of her face and smiled. He felt proud of himself at her compliment.

"You were pretty amazing too, you kept so calm despite being in that dangerous situation" 

"I've been throught heartbreak and it is much scarier than a blade to the neck" She said and he looked at her, she turned her head and locked eyes with him. Unknowingly, he reached over and brushed a few strands of hair away from her eyes, her eyes went to his lips and back to his eyes and he did the same. 

He took the lead and started getting close to her face, he looked at her for permission and when she closed her eyes, he smiled then leaned down and before their lips could touch, someone cleared their throat by the door making the two of them pull away quickly.

"Your imperial majesty" 

It turned out to be one of the guards calling for the emperor.

"Yes?"

"I am sorry to interrupt your imperial Majesty but the man keeps saying he wants to meet you and that he has something very important to tell you"

The Emperor nodded his head and turned to look at Ji Eun, his eyes were very apologetic but she smiled at him.

"I will be going home as well your imperial Majesty" She said and he nodded. They both stood up and she bowed at him before he left

He left the infirmary's room and asked his guard to ask her for her number, the guard did as told and went to Ji Eun, he asked her for her number and informed her that the Emperor personally asked for it.

She hesitantly gave it to him and left with her manager Sara who was still shaken by the earlier incident.

"Are you okay?" Sara asked as she looked at the band aid on Ji Eun's neck  worriedly.

"I am okay, it was just a small scratch" She explained

"God, why do you always get exposed to danger"

"I must be cursed" Ji Eun said with a chuckle.

"Gosh, don't say that. You aren't cursed, you are brave and that's two entirely different things" Sara said and took Ji Eun's hand in hers giving it a gentle squeeze.