Chapter Ninety Seven

Yang and Ji Eun walked inside the palace hand in hand under the whispers of the maids and the guards. He took her straight to his quarters, they entered his bedroom and he closed the door behind them.

"Would you like something to eat?" Yang asked as he sat next to her on the couch. She was still a bit flustered that she was inside the palace and especially inside the emperor's quarters.

"Yeah sure" She said and he smiled before calling the staff to bring over some food for them.

"Do you sleep here alone?"

"Yeah, I sleep here alone always"

"Did the late empress used to sleep here?" She asked and he smiled at her curiousness.

"No, she had her own personal quarters"

"Eh? Aren't married couples supposed to sleep together in the same room?"

"Well yes, but the palace rules are a bit strict. The empress and emperor always sleep in their own quarters"

"That's messed up"

"Don't worry, we'll sleep in the same room"

"Huh?" She asked again to confirm what she had heard earlier.

"Rules are meant to be broken anyways" He said with a sly smile and focused his sight on Ji Eun, he scooted closer to her and put a hand behind her neck and started leaned in. Their lips met in a sweet kiss making them both smile into it. 

Unfortunately, a butler spoke behind the door notifying them that the food was ready making them pull away from each other. He mentioned for them to enter, they brought the food over to them and left quickly.

Meanwhile the Empress Dowager in her quarters was instructing a concubine on how to please her son. She was preparing to send a concubine over to the Emperor's quarters not knowing that his girlfriend was with him at the moment.

"You know exactly what you need to do?" The Empress Dowager asked the concubine that was kneeling down beside her.

"Of course I do, your majesty"

"That's good. Ms. Kim, escort her to the Emperor's quarters"

"Will do, your majesty" Ms. Kim, the personnal asisstant of the empress dowager spoke out.

The two ladies followed by other court ladies walked to the emperor's, the cocncubine's smile hasn't left her face one bit as she imagined bearing a kid from the emperor and becoming the empress, little did she know a huge surprise was awaiting her at the quarters.

They finally have reached the grand doors of his quarters only to be stopped by the guards, Ms.Kim steped up to them only to be stopped harshly once again.

"It is an order by the empress dowager to let the concubine inside the emperor's quarters" Ms.Kim said with a treathning tone.

"The emperor ordered that we don't let anyone step a foot inside even if it was the empress dowager"

"What is this I am hearing of?" The Empress Dowager stepped in and they bowed their heads to her.

"I am sorry your majesty but his imperial highness ordered that however steps inside without his permission will get punished"The guard spoke softly whle keeping his gaze to the floor, the queen mother got angered even more.

"Step aside!"

She ordered, the guards looked at each other and stepped aside for her. She walked inside the quarters and was about to open the door to his bedroom when they openned making her startled. He emmerged out of his bedroom with Ji Eun beside him, their hands tightly held together.