5.

"What in the actual fuck is a toothbat?" I ask, laughing at the picture Awsten had just sent to me.

"I don't know but shut up and let me do my job." Jack says, rubbing more hair dye onto my head. I wasn't allowed to look until it was over.

"So sassy. Did you not get enough dick while I was gone?"

"I'm never letting you read fanfiction ever again. For the record, I wouldn't bottom."

"Debatable. But seriously, what's wrong?"

"Nothing. Quit moving."

"I breathed."

"Mhm, stop."

I sarcastically hold my breath, earning a punch in the shoulder from Jack to make me breathe again.

"Something's wrong. What is it?"

"Just another arguement. It's nothing."

"With Allie?"

"Mhm." He sighs, pinning my hair up to let the dye soak in.

"Jack she's an asshole to you. I don't understand why you stay with her."

"You've not been single as long as me. It's just. I have someone now I guess."

"That's not an excuse for her to treat you like trash and you know it."

"I know." He mumbles, closing the manic panic tub, hiding it from me so I can't see the color.

"Jack, you're my bestfriend. I don't like seeing you hurt over someone who doesn't understand how great you are."

"I know, Tori, i know. It's just little arguments, I'll be okay. I promise." He forces a smile. I sigh, dropping it.

Ever since his relationship with Taylor failed 5 years ago, he hasn't been the same. He's terrified of love. I can see it. He settles for abusive relationships and let's girls break him because that's what Taylor did.

"Is there a reason that Awsten Knight is on our front porch?" Rian asks, looking over at us. My eyes widen and I run into my room, closing the door.

Damnit awsten out of all the times you could've chose to randomly appear on my porch you choose NOW?

I look in the mirror and smile at the color of my hair. It was now a bright turquoise that faded to lime green at the ends. Definitely an improvement from my weird faded purple look I had previously.

I anxiously look down at my watch, I still had 15 minutes left until I could wash the dye out.

"Fuck fuck fuck fuck.." I say, searching around my room for a hoodie and some decent pants. I was currently wearing Legend of Zelda Pajama pants and an old black tank top with hair dye stained into it along with a pair of dolphin socks. I was a mess, to say the least.

"Sounds like you're having fun." Awsten says from outside my door, causing me to scream.

"God damnit Knight! Don't scare me like that!!"

"Can I come in?"

"NEVER."

"Go ahead, she's fine." Jack says and I mentally plot his murder. Awsten hesitates before coming in. I groan some, accepting my fate.

"Oh wow that's a fashion statement right there."

"Oh yeah, definitely an upgrade from what I wore yesterday. Not even Beyonce could compete with this."

"Beyonce who? I only know Victoria the dolphin lady."

"Tori." I correct him, laughing. I continue the search for some decent clothes to change into after i wash the dye out.