32.

*Media is Nick for everyone asking. Guardin is actually a really talented musician who I adore. Love him. He deserves all the love in the world*

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

"Hey Alex can you come pick me up?" I ask as Alex answers my call.

"Uh, yeah, where are you?" He answers and I can barely hear him over all of the noise.

"312 Pembrooke street. Nick is with me until his ride gets here. What's going on?"

"I'll be there soon. Stay there." He hangs up and I stare at my phone, confused.

"Everything okay?" Nick asks and I smile some, nodding.

"You did great tonight." I say looking up at Nick. His soft brown eyes looked into mine and he smiled, his dimples showing.

"Did I really? I nearly cried when I saw you. I hope it wasn't super obvious." He laughs some, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Not suuuuper obvious." I joke and he rolls his eyes.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm a crybaby." He shrugs, walking around on the open road. It was nearly 12am so there was no traffic whatsoever. He pressed play on a song and hummed along some. Put your head on my shoulder Paul Anka.

"What are you doing?" I ask, tilting my head some as I watch him sway around.

"Dance with me." He holds out his hands and I raise an eyebrow skeptically.

"Please." He pouts, making a puppy dog face.

"Ughhhhhh. Fine." I place my hands into his and he pulls me out into the road, twirling me around.

"People say... that love's a game...A game... you just... can't win..." He quietly sings along, spinning me around once again before pulling me close. He wraps his arms loosely around my waist and pulls me into a hug. I loosely drape my arms over his shoulders.

"If there's a way... I'll find it someday... and then this fool will... rush in..." He mumbles, looking down at me, biting his lip. He slowly moves in and I panic, hiding my face in his chest. He sighs, just accepting the hug.

"I'm sorry. I just. I can't help it." He says quietly, ashamed.

"I know. I'm sorry too." I say, looking up at him.

"You mean a lot to me, just not how you want. Does that make sense?" I say and he nods, smiling some.

"Friendship is better than a sunken ship." He says and I roll my eyes.

"You're such a weirdo."

"I'm proud to be." He says, turning to look towards the road. We pull apart as a car pulls up and Alex rolls down the window.

"Let's go." He says, rubbing his eyes.

"Okay." I hug Nick and say my goodbyes before getting into the car.

"Alex?" I ask, looking over at him. He looked like a wreck. His hair was a mess and his tired eyes were glazed over with anxiety.

"There was an incident. We're going to the bus and you're not gonna leave it, understood?" He says, driving away from Nick, leaving him to wait for his friend to get him.

"Why? I didn't think bus call would he so strict tonight since-"

"This is my rule." He says sternly, gripping the steering wheel.