35.

•AWSTEN'S POV•

I stared at the fire as the sunset over the waves. The beaches had cleared and the air was growing cold as the ocean mist rises off the crashing waves. Geoff and Otto were laughing at Tik Tok videos on Geoff's phone but I could barely hear him. I was so focused on the ocean. It was almost addicting.

"Wanna see something cool?" Tori whispers, poking my shoulder. I nod and she smiles, standing up, holding out her hand. I grab it and she pulls me up, not letting go as she leads me down to the shoreline.

"Watch." She says, pointing down at the sand. Small air bubbles appeared and she kneeled down, sipping sand out of the way to reveal a clam. She picks it up carefully and opens it to show beautiful pearls inside.

"How amazing is that!" She smiles, handing the clam to me for me to get a better look. 

"That's.. Wow, Tori." I say, closing the clam. I place it back into the sand for it to live and cover it back up with sand. Tori was walking along the edge of the water as it flowed in and out of the shore. She was humming along to a song I recognized as she freely danced in the water. Miss missing you by Fall Out Boy.

I looked down as something touched my foot. A shell had washed up and sparkled as the moonlight hit it. I picked it up and cleaned the sand off it. A white spiral shell. I looked back up and followed after Tori, walking beside her on the sand, letting her get closest to the waves.

"I want you to have this." I say, handing her the shell. She smiles, putting it in her shorts pocket.

"Thank you. For everything. I want you to have something too." She says, stopping in place. She turns to face me, smirking.

"I know that face. Should I be worried?" I say as she gets closer, placing her hands onto my chest.

"Definitely." She grabs my shirt and pulls me around and I fall into the freezing water.

"Oh you're gonna regret that!" I say, jumping up, chasing her. 

"Gotta catch me first!" She yells, laughing. I eventually catch up to her and grab her around the waist, picking her up. 

"Awsten- Please Awsten no!!" She begs, laughing.

"Oops." I say, throwing us both into the water. We both sit up, laughing.

"Karma is fucking cold!" She says, getting out of the water. I laugh, walking with her back to the fire. Geoff and Otto were asleep, laying against each other with a blanket over top of them.

"That's cute." She says, drying herself off with a towel. She tosses me one and I do the same.

"Tonight was fun." She says, putting the towel down.

"Yeah, it really was." I smile some. 

"Can you um, untie me?" She asks, turning her back to me.

"Y-yeah." I untie the back of her bikini and turn away, not looking.

"Okay, I'm good now." She says and I turn back around. She's now wearing a pastel tie dye tank shirt and another pair of black shorts. She was tying her hair up into a bun. I walked behind a tree and changed into a pair of black skinny jeans and a white t-shirt before walking back to the fire.