40.*

[Trigger Warning]

*This chapter is extremely emotional and if you are not in a healthy mindset I do not recommend reading right now. You've been warned.*

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

"Jack!" I choke out, clenching my lower stomach in agony. Tears poured down my face as though I had no control over them. I didn't have control over anything. My entire body tensed up as I fell to the floor from the bed. I held on tighter, gripping onto the soft carpeting.

"Jack please!" I scream, sharp pains shooting through my body. A warm liquid was slowly draining from me as my tears poured harder than ever before. My heart dropped to my feet as Jack burst into my room, knocking down the door in the process. The pure terror in his eyes was enough to send me over the edge towards a breakdown.

"Alex! Get the fucking car!" Jack yelled at the top of my lungs, rushing over to me. He hesitantly picks me up in his arms, trying his best to not cause me anymore pain that necessary. We climb into the backseat of Alex's car and I pull my knees to my chest as the pain grew stronger.

"S-somethings n-n-not right. Call Aw-"

"No. We gotta get you to a hospital first. I'll handle everything afterwards but we gotta get this fixed." Alex's voice boomed over the sound of harsh crying and panic.

Everything around me became dizzy. I blinked hard trying to focus on one thing but couldn't get my eyes to adjust as the car itself spun. My vision blurred and everything around me ached.

"Don't you fucking dare die on me Tori. Don't fucking do this!" Jack yelled, wrapping his arms around me tighter, holding onto my seemingly lifeless body. He cried hard, wheezing to try to catch his breath.

My breathing slowed and the flashed of light became hazy. I looked around in the confusion to see that we were at the hospital. Jack was carrying me in, nearly tripping over his own feet in the panic.

"Help! Somebody help!" Jack yelled, frantically searching for a doctor or nurse. My body tensed at the sudden cold beneath me as I was placed onto a hospital bed where I was rushed into another room. The last thing I was was Jack standing there covered in my own blood screaming words I couldn't process. Alex hugged him tightly as he sobbed into his shirt. The doors closed and I leaned my head back, looking around. No one was talking to me. I felt like a ghost.

"Awsten?" I asked as a green blur went past me. I attempted to sit up to look but my body twisted in agony, forcing me to lean back. The green was nothing but a sign for a restroom.

"What's your name honey?" A nurse asked, trying to maintain eye contact with me to keep me focused.

"To..ri.." I manage to spit out as I looked at the nurse. Her brown eyes looking deep into mine. She seemed almost calm in this situation as though she had seen it many times before.

"A...m.. I gon..gonna die?" I force the words out between the convulsing pain that shot through my spinal cord. This wasn't right at all.

"Not today." She says, smiling some reassuringly. A cold fluid enters my veins and I feel it travel through my body. I drift off into the void, losing sight of all the crimson surrounding me.