26.

"Hey, T, Do you remember when we first met?" Jack randomly asked in the silence. We were all sitting on the bus doing our own projects on the way to the next venue.

"Yeah why?" I answer, not looking up from my phone.

"What made you say yes?"

I pause to think back on the memory. Freshman year was when I met Jack. Everything was sorta a blur now, but I remember that exact moment that changed my life forever.

"Hey, uh, v-victoria, right?" A voice called from down the hallway. I turned to face the man, confused as to why a senior wanted to talk to me. We were totally different levels. Everyone knew that freshmen and seniors don't have contact.

"Yes? Barakat, right?" I respond and he nods some, rubbing the back of his neck. He seemed to be studying me, focusing hard, trying to find the right words.

"I-i've seen your pictures- uh- For yearbook! They're really good and i- I was wondering if you'd help me with something." He couldn't keep eye contact and stuttered, looking at the ground in embarrassment.

"What do you need help with?" I ask, closing my locker. It was the end of the day and I wouldn't need anything until tomorrow.

"I'm in this uh- kinda shitty band- and well we need a photographer for our first show tonight. There's only gonna be like 30 people there but it would mean a lot to at least have some pictures from it. If you're busy thats okay i- I can figure it out I just- it means a lot to me. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I need help." He rambles, laughing some at the end.

"I'll do it." I sling my bag over my shoulder and he smiles, raising his head up to look me in the eyes.

"Really? Holy shit thank you! I'll pick you up at 5 and i- wait where do you live? That sounds creepy. Fuck i-"

"515, Brookeville road." I cut him off so he would stop panicking. I giggle some, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

"I'll be there at 5, I promise. Thank you so much Tori."

"See you then, Jack." I smile at the new nickname.

"Y-you know my name?"

"Jack, I work with yearbook. I know everyone, unfortunately." I laugh and he blushes some.

"Well I'll see you later then. Have a great day!" He says and runs off and knocks directly into another boy with a similar haircut as him but without the blonde streaks. They began yelling and I laugh some, walking away.

"You were different. No one had ever actually respected me before then." I say, shrugging.

"Seriously?" Zack asks and i nod.