33.

•AWSTEN'S POV•

"Awsten you could at least try to have fun." Geoff says, sitting beside me at the bar.

"I don't drink. How could I?" I say, looking over at my tipsy friend.

"Forget about it. Ciara was looking for you earlier." He says, walking away to join his girlfriend to dance. I sigh, looking down at my shoes. Ciara. It had been 7 months since tour ended. Everything had changed. I had changed.

"Baby come dance with me." Ciara says, grabbing my shirt collar. She pulls me towards the middle of the dance floor and I nearly fall.

"Ciara I really don't want to dance right now." I say, walking back towards the bar. This wasn't right.

"Lighten up, will you!" She complains and I shake my head, ignoring it. She was drunk.

"Awsten..." Ciara says, tugging my shirt sleeve. I stop and turn to face her. She points up towards the stage and my heart drops.

"Ladies and gentlemen, may i present you the lovely local artist of the night. Victoria Winters!" A woman with pastel pink hair wearing a white dress says and I look up at Tori as she confidently takes me mic.

"Thanks, Aubrey. Hi everyone, I'm Tori. I've got the privilege of being here with my amazing friends; Jack, Lynn, Rena, and Nick. Love you weirdos. This song is actually Lynn's but she wanted me to sing it. Say hey to Lynn, the cutie in the corner sipping on champagne." She says, motioning over to a blonde girl in a leather jacket, giggling some. She holds up her drink, smiling.

"Anyways, I hope you like it. This is You and I." Tori says, taking the microphone off the stand. The music starts and she begins to sing.

I know it's warmer where you are...

And it's safer by your side...

But right now I can't be what you want...

Just give it time...

And if you and I...

Can make it through the night...

And if you and I...

Can keep our love alive, we'll fight...

I stared up at her in awe. I had never heard her sing before. She never had the confidence to sing around me. It was mesmerizing. The chorus begins and my heart races as her powerful voice echoes through the room.

We can meet in the middle...

Bodies and souls collide...

Dance in the moonlight...

Where all the stars align...

Oh you and I, oh you and I, oh...

We make eye contact and she turns away, not paying attention. She must've not noticed me. A blush rises and forms on my cheeks.

Well it's cold when we're apart...

And I hate to feel this die...