~Chapter eleven~ Skye~

Days went by and tomorrow I would finally leave to go back home.
After the Hall spend most of the time with Aisla, dinning with her in my room and helping her out with her small tasks she got from her grandmother.
I didn't see Jamie much but as I saw him, he simply smiled and waved at me.
"Ye have tae gang tae supper tonight, Tis yer last night here," Aisla said as she pulled the strings of my corset tighter.
"Fine," I gave in only because she was right, it was my last evening here and after tomorrow I didn't had the change anymore to experience a true 18th century dinner fest.
"Guid," she stepped back and placed her hands on her hips.  "Ah didnae liked th' idea o' forcing ye,"
I smiled at her. one thing I was going to miss was the Scottish accent, of course they had it also in my time, but somehow it sounded now different.
"What where you planning to do then? dragging me into the hall and then tie me to a chair?" I asked and she started to laugh.
"Na, th' dragging pairt is fur Jamie," she walked away while I blushed. "He looks fond o' ye, ye ken?"
"No, I didn't," I answered in honest. "We only spend a day with each other and that was three days ago."
"I ken, Bit all the time he sees me, he asking me aboot ye," she walked back and put me down on a chair and started to braid my hair.
"Does he knows that I'm leaving tomorrow?" I asked and she nodded.
"Didnae say much aboot it, bit his face tellt me enough, Ah ken him sin we whaur childeren," she smiled. "He is upset aboot it and so am I," she finished the braiding.
I stood up. "I'm sorry Aisla, I wished I could stay but the sooner I leave the better." I smiled weakly.
Even tho the people didn't see me much, I felt a certain distance between me and them, I couldn't blame them for it, I was an outsider or as Jamie put it: A Sassenach.
"Ah ken, bit come supper is duin," and with that she pulled me after her out of the room.

In the hall where now three tables, two on each sides and in the middle the side where Colum was seated with Dougal and apparently his wife.
"Gang ower thare 'n' bow," Aisla whispered and I walked into the hall.
Everyone fell silenced as they saw me and I actually wanted to quickly turn around and run away as fast as I could, but I kept walking until I reached the table.
I made a reverance and then stood up.
"Ahh misstress von Holland, nice that ye could join us oan yer lest evening here," Colum said as Dougal quickly stood up and pulled back a chair between him and Colum.
I walked around the table and sat down, not feeling very comfortable.
A maid came and purred in some wine, I gratefully took the glass and poured it down my troath.
"Why von Holland?" Colum suddenly asked and I looked at him.
"Excuse me?" I said surprised.
"Why von Holland, yer not Noble aren't ye?" he asked again.
"Technically not, but I'm a distant relevant from the duke of Holland," I lied. "But my grandfather turned of in von,"
"And why did ye board a ship to Ireland," Colum put some meat on my plate and I looked at it.
He clearly was hearing me out, eager to hear something that proved him right that I lied, but I was not falling for it.
"As I told Mister MacTavish and Misses FitzGibonnz, I ran away from my future husband and boarded the first ship I saw," I smiled and took a sip of my wine. "And as I told you, as I recall, I actually hoped for Spain,"
"And why Spain?" he asked further.
"It's sunny there," I started at him. "I don't really need a reason for it. Do I?"
"Well, my men down the coast searched and asked around for anything that looked like something that would come from a sinking ship, like bodies as an example." Colum said and I swallowed, suddenly the wine felt like an hard piece of stone in mine gullet. "And they find none of it, neither did the people who lived by the coast found anything."
"Are you saying that I lied about something like that," I laid down my fork with force and the whole hall turned to look at us.
"Well, without evidence yer are," Colum said calmly.
"Well I'm not, I wouldn't dare to make something up like that," I started him down. "And why would I? May I ask?"
"Because yer hiding something from us," he simply stated.
"Well I'm not, I'm not a English spy if you think that otherwise I was here every day and night to hear you people out, instead I spent every bloody minute in my room or with Aisla" I said angry. "I am also not a murderess or an escaped prisoner, I'm just an plain ass Lass as you call me, who didn't want to marry a dickhead!"
The entire hall fell silent again, it was not really common that someone raised there voice to the laird. Well he was not my laird and I refused to be treated like that by him.
"Well then?" he leaned back. "I think that solved a few things,"
"Yes it did, but don't worry I leave tomorrow as soon as I can with that tinker, so I wouldn't be much of problem anymore." I stood up and I heared gasps as I broke another protocol apparently.
"oh yer nae aff tae leave tomorrow," he smiled and I froze. "As lang as yer oan mah ground, ye'r mine guest 'n' ye'r aloud tae leave whin ah tellt ye tae leave,"
"That is not my defintation of being a guest but more a hostage," I said.
"Call it as yer like it lass,' he waved it off. "Yer staying,"
"Oh loop naar de hel*" I swore in my own language, pushes the chair back and walked away in anger.
He wants me as his hostage, fine he could get it, but soon he would figured out that he messed with the wrong person.

------
Dutch:
* Walk to hell