Eight- Taken

Reign POV 

My heart began to beat faster and faster. With my last remaining working brain cell, I turned as fast as I could and began to ran. 

I didn't get far, as a thud came to the back of my head and my vision went into total darkness. 

I woke up to the sound of dripping water. I looked around to see where the hell I was. 

The floors were cold, hard cement and the walls brick. It looked like an old building similar to what I pictured the one I had seen earlier as I turned the corner. 

There was no windows, the only light coming from a candle lantern across the room. It wasn't too big of a room, maybe a fifteen foot square. 

As I tried to move, I realized my wrists were chained to the floor. My heartbeat began to pound again as I realized what situation I was in. I had been kidnapped. 

Dark thoughts began to buzz into my head. What if they kill me? Or rape me or sell me? Tears began to blur my eyes. 

I began to sob quietly. I didn't want to make them hear me, it would make me sound and look weak if they could hear me crying. 

Tears rolled down my cheeks. I looked down at myself and a small relief came as I realized I was in the same clothes as they had kidnapped me in and all seemingly intact. At least I know they haven't raped me or anything nasty. 

I hear a door to my left open with a long creek. In steps the oldest looking reddish haired man fallowed by the blonde with the man bun. 

"Ah I see our guest is awake, Darren," he spoke to his sidekick. Darren nods but doesn't speak. His face was cold, looking as if he was drained of emotion. 

On the other hand, the red haired man was smiling devilishly as he peered down at me. 

"What are we going to do with her, Boss? We've never done this before," Darren said in a low tone, almost seeming confused. 

"We'll see who wants to buy her! We can get millions for her I'm sure. We'd be set on drug money for years. Maybe we could even start our own business!" 

Darren's eyes grew wide. He quickly grabbed his 'boss' by the arm and turned away from me. 

"Lance, are you crazy?" I heard Darren speak in a hushed voice. 

"No, I'm a genius! Think of the profit. You and Cory could walk away from all this if we make this money," Lance said. I saw the side of Darren's face soften. Who was Cory? Was he the other blonde?

After another moment of hushed talking, they turned back to me. 

"What's your name, doll?" Lance asked. I glared at him, not wanting to give him the satisfaction of knowing my name. 

This seemed to anger him, because his devil smile turned into an angry scowl instantly. 

"I'll ask one more time. What is your name?" he asked in a low angered tone. My chest began to tighten with anxiety, but I still refused to speak or tell them my name. His face grew cold. 

Before I could register what was going on, a fist landed on my face. My entire head slammed sideways causing a whimper to come out of my mouth. My eyes began to burn with tears and I kept my head turned away from the monster who stood in front of me. 

"One last time. What is your name?" Lance asked angrily between his teeth. I tried to be strong but the fear of being hit again made my name fly out of my mouth. 

"Reign," I say quietly. 

"See, that was easy. We can't wait to take you to the auction next week. They're always excited for fresh meat," he said, his dirty evil smile returning to his face. 

He turned and began to walk out. I saw hesitation in Darren's face, but he soon turned and left too. The door closed with a loud slam, and my tears began to rain down on my face. 

Sterling POV 

It had been a while since Reign left. In fact it had been hours. She was an adult and hadn't said where she was going, but I figured she would've been back by now. 

In the short time I had known her I learned she wasn't a slumber party girl unless it was at her place. I guess she hated sleeping away from home. 

I questioned myself as to where she could've gone. She seemed like she was just going out for a walk or run based on her clothes an water bottle. 

Even with her repeatedly attacking me and I didn't know her very well, I had to admit I was a bit worried for the girl. 

In the middle of my thoughts a knock came at the door. I walked over, unlocking and opening it expecting to see Reign's small figure but to my shock it was not. 

It was a man with tanned skin and sandy blonde hair. His electric blue eyes screamed worry, and a strange feeling as though something was wrong washed over me. 

"Hi, you're Sterling I'm assuming," he said. 

"Yes, and you are?" I said raising an eyebrow. 

"I'm Danny, Reign's friend. Is she home?" he asked, his voice laced with concern and worry. I shake my head. 

"No, she left earlier this afternoon. Maybe around one," 

"She said she was out for a walk, but I invited her to come over and watch a movie with me but she never showed up. The walk to my house would've taken twenty minutes. This was hours ago," he said shaking his head. 

"You're sure she couldn't be anywhere else? Another friends?" I asked, shrugging my shoulders. He shook his head no. 

"She would've told me. She said she would text me as soon as she got near my place," he said. I nod softly. I look at him and step aside, inviting him in. He gives a nod in thanks and comes in, sitting at a bar stool. 

"Have you tried calling or texting her?" I asked. He nods before looking down at his hands. 

"Just rings through. No text either. Has she texted you?" he asks looking up hopefully at me. I feel bad for having to shake my head and his eyes grow sad. 

"No. She and I... well we had a disagreement last night," 

"Over what?" 

"I took a slice of her large pizza," I say rolling my eyes. Danny burst out in laughter. 

"Yea that sounds like my girl," he said with a sad smile. His girl? I raise an eyebrow at his statement. His eyes grew wide as he must have instantly picked up the questioning look on my face. 

"NO! Not that kind of girl. I'm gay," he says with a chuckle. Something inside me sighs in relief. I nod once before pausing. 

"Where is your place?" I say looking up, concern crossing my face. 

"It's about a fifteen minute drive from here," he asks, confused. 

"Where Danny?" I say sternly. 

"The next town over, Lily Road." 

My chest tightens. I know whats between here and there. Trouble. Danny sees the concern on my face. 

"What's going on?" 

"Reign's in trouble,"