Forty One - She's Mine

Sterling POV

As soon as my rage took over I lost control of everything. The moment my hand made contact with her fair skin regret filled my chest but I wouldn't back down. All I knew was that I was treating her the way I would treat any of my men, but I knew hitting her was wrong.

Titus's reaction was what took me back the most though. Even though I had just slapped Reign and told her off, he still stepped in for her. Honestly if I wasn't so taken back by his blatant disrespect of my authority I would've gotten him too.

Titus was always one of the best men I had, as well as the most obedient. But for this one girl, he'd challenge everything. I'm not sure if I'm mad at him for it or proud that he had the courage to step in.

I watched Titus pull Reign away and out of the house. I knew he'd take her either to his place or somewhere safe. I wouldn't ever worry for Reign while he was in the care of Titus.

The moment the door closed the entire house was silent. I could tell the men and my sister were equally as stunned about everything that just occurred. But of course, it was Azure that spoke first.

"I hope you're fucking happy," she said, venom lacing her words and fire burning in her eyes. "She's never going to come back now. The only girl I've ever fucking met and got to know you scare her the hell away," she began to yell as she stormed up to me.

"Enough," I growled but she wasn't having it this time.

"No! You ruin everything Sterling! Everyone you care about you push away and burn to the ground. The only reason Ash and I are even still here is because your stupid ass is our brother!" she screamed and her words pierced me like a knife. She was right, but she was not done yet.

"She cared about you! We all loved her! You are nothing but a MONSTER! A pure PSYCHO!" she screamed, tears of anger now streaming down her face. She finally gave me one last head shake and stormed off.

I looked up to see everyone with their heads down. They slowly started to leave, and one by one left me alone. I really was alone.

I was a monster, and I just pushed the only person who might have had a chance at saving me to the point of no return.

Somewhere in my heart I knew I wouldn't see her again on her terms. She'd never come back. I ruined everything before it even started.

I made my way to my bedroom, slamming the door behind me. I sat on the bed Reign and I had once shared. I looked at her side of the bed, remembering how her curvy short figure fit perfectly there and in my arms. I brought my face to my hands and rested my elbows on my legs.

What have I done?

Reign POV

Once we made it back to Titus's place, it was clear he was on edge about whoever was fallowing me. And he was still very angry at Sterling.

My mind was everywhere though. Sterling actually hit me. He physically abused me.

I'd be lying if I said it wasn't the nail in the coffin. I had no desire to go back to that house, no matter how close I had gotten with everyone. I knew with Titus I'd be safe. At that moment, I honestly didn't care if I was taken by Kohn Stone and his abusive men again because that would still mean I wouldn't be near Sterling.

We had just started something. I gave myself to him. I told him all my secrets and showed him my most vulnerable side and he betrayed me. He was no better than Kohn Stone himself. They'd both abused me and made my life hurt.

I looked up to Titus to see he'd calmed down, but was now lost in a deep thought. Curiously, I broke the silence.

"Penny for your thoughts?" I asked quietly.